Travis

Celebrity Conductor thingy...
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 6:41 PM Quote

There's a thing on BBC2 about a series shown earlier, that I'm begining to wish I had watched. Graham Coxon, Sue Perkins, John Snow and Goldie plus some others are trying to conduct an orchestra. It's actually very good and extremely difficult by the looks of it.

Fuck me a reality TV show that I actually like, maybe Xmas is the time of miracles after all.

Dubz

Re: Celebrity Conductor thingy...
Moray
Moray Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Just watching Dubz, it's really good isn't it. Very interesting, especially as an ex orchestra member having been on the other side of that conductor baton. good to see a reality tv show esposing people to the wonders of classical music as well.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 6:53 PM Quote

It's fucking amazing. Sue Perkins & Goldie are brilliant and the latter cannot even read music !! I hope to christ they repeat the whole thing.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 7:06 PM Quote

Just me or did Goldie seem a little bitter at the end ?? Pity, he was very good and really should take it a bit further by the looks of it.

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
he wasn't technical enough to cut it full time without major assistance. Sue was amazing. she was very precise, controlled and spoke to the orchestra. She looked like a real conductor, was pretty amazing

dee
dee Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
a couple of years ago "faking it" on channel 4 had a punk band guy being a conducter-it was fucking ace and he really fooled people.
it is not just waving your arms about.
when i was in school i was in a very prestigious choir, it was only then i realised the amount of work involved-it's really a skill

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
he wasn't technical enough to cut it full time without major assistance. Sue was amazing. she was very precise, controlled and spoke to the orchestra. She looked like a real conductor, was pretty amazing

Oh agreed but I think both of them showed a natural apptitude for it, While Mel was obviously more serious and technical about it, I think Goldie showed more passion. In fairness Mel was also very passionate but if Goldie was to work on his technical side and the basics such as learning to read music I think he could maybe, possibly have been just as good.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:59 AM Quote
That does sound neat. I hope this is a show that America rips off.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
That does sound neat. I hope this is a show that America rips off.

I reckon on of the networks will show it eventually, it is a very UK show all the guests were not what you would call international stars but from what I seen it was really well made.

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:11 PM