Travis

Dalby Forest Sat 23rd
lissy
lissy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
I am going to the Dalby Forest show by myself from Scarborough, and was wondering if anyone else going to the show wants to meet up - maybe share a lift to the concert, look after our spot if we need loo etc etc - someone to enjoy the concert with.
Any Takers ????

Lissy

Re: Dalby Forest Sat 23rd
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:54 AM Quote
sorry for delay in replying, yes i will be going, if you are on your own you are welcome to 'tag' along with me and my daughter. not sure what time we will be getting there yet,

lissy
lissy Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 6:39 PM Quote
That would be brilliant Kim thx.
Anyone else still wanna share lift ???

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 6:44 PM Quote
I'm going, but as I live in Cheshire, I'll be driving up and staying in a hotel Saturday night. Would love to meet up for drinks before/afterwards if anyone's up for it? There's me, my fiance, my sister and her fella. Can't wait!!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 7:49 PM Quote
radioclyde261 wrote:
I'm going, but as I live in Cheshire, I'll be driving up and staying in a hotel Saturday night. Would love to meet up for drinks before/afterwards if anyone's up for it? There's me, my fiance, my sister and her fella. Can't wait!!

Im driving nd staying in hotel too :-) Am taking my sister , a new Travis Fan!

Do you know what time the Gig is likley to end?especially as there is one support instead of 2?

lissy
lissy Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 6:36 PM Quote
I'm also up for meeting up for a wee drink !!!!!!!
Anyone ever been to Dalby Forest before ????

AdieW
AdieW Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 8:40 AM Quote
Is there a kind person out there that wants to help me?

Me and my mate are going to the gig on Saturday - our first Travis gig - and we can't wait, but the only problem is that neither of us can drive. We never even thought that transport would be a problem, we rather naively assumed there would be special buses running from York and/or Scarbrough.

So anyway that is not the case, and now we are stuck for how we are going to get there. So we are hoping that there is kind hearted Travis fan out there that wants to help two guys get to their first ever Travis gig.

We are from Leeds, so if anyone can take us from Leeds, or we can catch train to York, so anyone willing to help us from York and then return us to either York or Leeds, that would be amazing. We will help with petrol, parking costs, buy you a drink or two, and we will be forever grateful.

So if you are that kind hearted Travis fan please please please please please get in touch, otherwise we face the nightmare of not been able to make the gig. Thank-you to anyone who can help. :-)

NCD
NCD Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:42 AM Quote
:( we got a full car already going from York, but if I think of anything helpful (or hear of anyone else going from York/Leeds) will let you know.

vodkamistress
vodkamistress Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 1:33 PM Quote
Me and my boyfriend also bought tickets thinking that there would some form of transport available to get to the venue. We have booked accommodation in Scarborough for the weekend and have since found out the only way to get there without a car seems to be by taxi. If anyone wants to share a taxi with us and split the cost that would be great :o)

Louise
Louise Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 1:44 PM Quote
People wanting lifts from Scarborough area.....check Yorkshire Coastliner buses, or East Yorkshire Motor Services websites, they do buses along A170 (the main road) you need to get off at Thornton Dale village and hike it (big hill climb) up to site....might be better price wise

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
vodkamistress wrote:
Me and my boyfriend also bought tickets thinking that there would some form of transport available to get to the venue. We have booked accommodation in Scarborough for the weekend and have since found out the only way to get there without a car seems to be by taxi. If anyone wants to share a taxi with us and split the cost that would be great :o)

Where you staying? We haven't booked anywhere yet - gonna go up early Saturday morning and try and get in somewhere.

lissy
lissy Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
I am driving from Scarborough (where I live) to the gig which is about 1/2 hour's drive.
I am going on my own since none of my friends wanted to go to see Travis !!!!
I have room in my car for 3 people if anyone does want a lift.
All I ask is that I can tag along with you for the evening- i.e. I need someone to look after my spot when I go for toilet / drinks etc.
I can collect you from Scarborough train station, and drop you back there afterwards, wotever time this is.

Lissy
xx

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
radioclyde261 wrote:

Im driving from Cheshire and staying in hotel too :-) Am taking my sister , a new Travis Fan!

Do you know what time the Gig is likley to end?especially as there is one support instead of 2?

I've no idea - I guess it will be taxi's back to the hotel - I don't think the buses will run that late

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:24 PM Quote
radioclyde261 wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
radioclyde261 wrote:

Im driving from Cheshire and staying in hotel too :-) Am taking my sister , a new Travis Fan!

I've no idea - I guess it will be taxi's back to the hotel - I don't think the buses will run that late

Which hotel you staying at? I have a taxi booked if you want to share....

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
No idea where we're staying at yet - gonna find somewhere in Scarborough on Saturday afternoon. Plus there's four of us, so thank you for the offer, but we wouldn't all fit :(

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:58 AM