Travis

Re: FAO: Anne, Megg, Kayte & other Anne of Green Gables Fans
ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Sorry ashley. Remember, i am horrible and mean and never laugh!
I actually thought of it last night after i posted. "hmm, i didnt put ashleys name in there" but there wasnt really enough room for EVERYONE. So, umm, it is in order of...me finding out people were Anne fans! Sure, there ya go. If it makes you feel any better, Nikki isnt in there either and i just found that she is an AofGG fan.
My deepest apologies!

Well, alright... I suppose you never do laugh, so it was inevitable that something like this would happen... And I suppose you couldn't include all of the AofGG fans - the list would likely have gotten very long indeed. So, apology accepted, I guess... :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
i didnt laugh at that. Nope, didnt.
Heart of stone.

I should set up my webcam infront of the tv on Sunday and stream it for all of you to see. Im sure that would be high quality, and also, not bring about any legal action!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
i didnt laugh at that. Nope, didnt.
Heart of stone.

I should set up my webcam infront of the tv on Sunday and stream it for all of you to see. Im sure that would be high quality, and also, not bring about any legal action!

Haha! Awesome as that would be, watching the new movie on the computer from a camera recording a tv, I'm not sure how well it would work. And yeah, legal issues might arise. Of course, we have the protection of the Detroit She Devils, so I don't think legalities will be a problem...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
do they have international juristiction?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
do they have international juristiction?

Please. Like anyone would dare stop those two.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
I don't like the idea at all. I bet it's gonna be as bad as the 'Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story'. What the hell was that all about?! Hated it.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
Classics should just stay classics and not be built upon. Whatever happened to finishing a book in class and hearing the teacher say, "Well, we don't know what happens after this; it is up to the reader to determine that on their own".

And I agree: the last movie was absolutely horrid. Why continue it???

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 9:33 PM Quote
Perhaps that is the reason why Barbara Hershey is playing old Anne instead of Megan Follows.

I was kinda freaked out by how low Megan's voice got when she grew up.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 9:42 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I was kinda freaked out by how low Megan's voice got when she grew up.

Really? Sounds normal to me!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 10 Dec, 2008 9:42 PM Quote
I am a fan and I don't know how I feel about this.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 14 Dec, 2008 1:53 AM Quote
The first part of the original mini series is on right now. I havent watched this in years. Diana is getting drunk on the 'raspberry cordial' aka current wine at the moment.

Few observations.
-I just wanted to yell at Anne to check Gilbert when he pulled her pigtail and called her Carrots. Clearly it would have saved some time
-Marilla's life is uber depressing.
-teacher man and Prissy = really inappropriate

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:21 AM Quote
Okay so the new one is on, and i feel like i atleast have to give it a shot.
So far, Anne's parents didnt die when she was a baby.
Her mom died when she was about 10 of pnemonia and her dad blamed herself for her death so he ran away. 'Old Anne' just found a letter that her father sent to Marilla, but had hid and Anne didnt know about. It was hidden in the floorboards at Green Gables
k, its over. There was a secret brother. Family drama. Being based around from an asylum, to the family of her moms best friend, to working in logging as like a 10 year old, etc.
It wasnt horrible, but it just didnt feel like Anne of GG. I dont need to ever see it again.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
So, what is all this based on? Is this anything that LM Montgomery wrote and didn't publish or just something that was made up by Kevin Sullivan?

It changes the whole dynamic of her life. It brings up too much weirdness and makes her life even more pathetic.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
as far as I know, it was entirely writen by Kevin Sullivan.

Yes, there is just way too much backstory now. And also, it makes her out to be a liar all those years because she had a father. Megan follows wouldnt lie!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 2:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
as far as I know, it was entirely writen by Kevin Sullivan.

Yes, there is just way too much backstory now. And also, it makes her out to be a liar all those years because she had a father. Megan follows wouldnt lie!

I just don't see how it's possible. The books talk about all the orphanages and homes she lived in. She was only 12 at the Hammonds' house and she lived with another family before that and there was at least one other orphanage mentioned.
Also, if Marilla got a letter from Anne's father and kept it secret, that's another lie added. Booooo.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:43 AM