Travis

$29 fare austin to houston 27 July
Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:42 PM Quote
repost for alramon13

Just in time. For those of you traveling to Austin to see Travis.

Southwest Airlines is running $29 one-way specials from Austin to Houston, so book now. And if you were not planning to go to Houston for Travis' Verizon gig...you may wanna rethink it. Hell, you may be able to book Dallas to Austin, Austin to Houston for $29, i have no idea. Check it out.

http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/

Re: $29 fare austin to houston 27 July
alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:46 PM Quote
Hey thanks for reposting. Weird how a post can get lost like that.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:51 PM Quote
yeah it happens sometimes.

i hope ppl take advantage of this. although its less that 200 miles to drive it, i'd rather fly.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:00 PM Quote
If you make Houston from Austin in 2 1/2 hours, you are lucky. Houston Traffic is a bitch. If you plan on driving it, best to leave early from Austin.

If you go by plane, it's a 50 minute flight.

One thing i learned about Houston Hobby airport (this is awesome if you are flying out of Houston) which was way cool, you can grab a bloody mary or a swirl margarita at Papasito's and they give you the drink in a to go cup so you are able to shop and drink at the same time. Fuck yeah! You can't do that any airport in the US. At least none that i know of. They make you drink at the bar. Houston rocks!!!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
its probably all those people that relocated from new orleans. now thats a place you can go anywhere with a drink in hand. hurricanes in hand... isn't it ironic thats what did them in, a hurricane katrina. ah well, houston does have a fine friendship with their coonass neighbors. love to lousiana and new orleans.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
oh crap! i can't take off that Friday...otherwise, i'd stay the night in austin, and fly out too!

btw, is the Verizon center a big venue? sounds like it would be.

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
wow you're driving from dallas and back on thursday and going to work on friday. you so crazy!!! ahahaha

its too bad you can't take off work on friday. :(

verizon is not that big. i think its a really good set up with a pit and then there is a 2nd level that steps up a level each row so viewing is really good. there is a balcony too, but i've never sat up there so i have no idea what its like. the pit probably holds 600-800. and there are bars off to the side so you don't have to go out into the lobby for a drink.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
oh crap! i can't take off that Friday...otherwise, i'd stay the night in austin, and fly out too!

btw, is the Verizon center a big venue? sounds like it would be.

It's not real big...no. They offer different seating arrangements. This show is a GA show, so the floor will be open.

Venue Info
Verizon Wireless Theater, located in the heart of Houston's Downtown Theater District, is the perfect venue for all types of events. This uniquely designed space can accommodate a variety of presentations. Housed within Bayou Place a popular downtown entertaniment complex, the multi-purpose facility is perfect for musical events, theatrical productions, fund raising galas, private parties, corporate meetings, seminars and events of all types

The theater is very versatile and can be arranged in a variety of seating configurations: Theater style with rows of chairs (capacity 2400); cabaret style with cocktail tables for four (capacity 1930); general admission - standing (capacity 2,815); banquet style with 72' round tables of 10 (capacity 750). A four-tiered riser system on the main floor creates an intimate cabaret/dinner theater feel. The permanent 56' x 40' stage is equipped with ample sound and light. Two 8' x 10' video screens are suspended above the stage.

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/2222/

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
oh, thanks! i guess i assumed it was big, 'cause every venue with a big name like that usually is...the Nokia one up here, the American Airlines center...i hate seeing shows that big!

man...y'all are really tempting me...we shall see!!!

eliza
eliza Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:31 AM Quote
SO tempting.

sigh.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 6:52 PM Quote
No time to dilly dally girls. Decide soon cause...well i don't wanna be the one to tell ya...you snooze you lose;)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:23 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
No time to dilly dally girls. Decide soon cause...well i don't wanna be the one to tell ya...you snooze you lose;)

yeah, i know, i know! i think i'll have to sit this one out...anyway, i'm already seeing them 3 times that week! i won't have any energy left for the houston show!
thanks for the info though!

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 7:24 PM Quote
You're quite welcome:D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:22 PM