Travis

toys from the 80's (random question)
Trixi
Trixi Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 9:30 PM Quote
Hi, I hope anyone of you is about my age (YOM 1976) and can help me remembering the name of a toy I'm desperately looking for as a christmas present but I just can't remeber what it was called like then.
I try to descibe it as good as I can in English but I'm afraid I'm shit at it.
Anyway, it was something like a board that looked a bit like a TV sreen from front.
The frame around the screen was colored (red in my case) and there was a button each to the left and to the right below the screen that you could turn.
With the left button you could draw a line up and down (up clockwise/ down anti-clockwise) and with the right button you could steer the line to the left and to the right. With a little practice and using both buttons at the same time you could draw all kinds of figures and forms. It really demanded some skill to draw a whole picture with it so...a really cool toy.
To restart and delete the previous drawing all you had to do was to shake the whole board very hard until the lines got thinner and thinner and eventually disappeared all...and while you shook it it sounded like there was sand in the board.
I went to "Spiele Max" today (a toy shop) and asked a seller if that thing still exist but he had no idea what i mean so I want to try to find it on ebay but don't know what exactly to search for.
Anyway...I don't suppose that was an only "east german" toy so does anyone of you happen to remember such a thing from his/her own childhood and can tell me the correct term of it? That would be great!

EDIT: sorry, wrong forum

Re: toys from the 80's (random question)
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 01 Dec, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Lol, nice question! Etch-a-sketch is the answer. It was featured in a TV programme a while ago (presented by James May :)) - it's one of these right?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 12:56 AM Quote
Used to have one of them!!! :)

*fights temptation to order one off Play.com* lol

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 02 Dec, 2008 1:03 AM Quote
Sure, you can watch that funny game at Toy Story Movie

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:35 PM