harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:09 PM Quote

anyone watch it? whaddaya think?

please share.

Re: The Sopranos Finale
audrey
audrey Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 2:54 PM Quote
i thought it was weak.

and really uneventful. its like they built up this huge ending and then it didnt fire. blah.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 3:13 PM Quote

i thought it was pretty interesting myself the way it ended. in rewatching the episode last evening i could see what they were going for with that extremely abrupt ending.

i read a few reviews about the episode and they mentioned that a few times throughout this season a comment was made by Bobby and Tony that when you get whacked you don't see it coming, everything goes to black - just like the way the episode ended, black...credits.

that works in two ways for me - a) Tony was killed right then and there by the guy that walked into the bathroom or b) nothing happened and we're going to get a Sopranos movie sometime in the future.

yeah, i'm total sopranos geek me.

audrey
audrey Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 3:28 PM Quote

audrey
audrey Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

i thought it was pretty interesting myself the way it ended. in rewatching the episode last evening i could see what they were going for with that extremely abrupt ending.

i read a few reviews about the episode and they mentioned that a few times throughout this season a comment was made by Bobby and Tony that when you get whacked you don't see it coming, everything goes to black - just like the way the episode ended, black...credits.

that works in two ways for me - a) Tony was killed right then and there by the guy that walked into the bathroom or b) nothing happened and we're going to get a Sopranos movie sometime in the future.

what the fuck? nothing i typed up there showed up. wack.

ANYWAYYUYYYY. what i said was, it was definitely interesting how they focused on that guy going into the bathroom. although, i found it quite wierd that they were putting so much detail into how meadow was parking that car. wtf was that about? i dunno. i guess there is no ideal way for it to end because its years and years of storyline... everyone expected it to end a different way than it did.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 3:59 PM Quote
Ahhhhhhh shhhhh don't tell me what's happened!!! lol

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 4:15 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
harry potter wrote:

what the fuck? nothing i typed up there showed up. wack.

ANYWAYYUYYYY. what i said was, it was definitely interesting how they focused on that guy going into the bathroom. although, i found it quite wierd that they were putting so much detail into how meadow was parking that car. wtf was that about? i dunno. i guess there is no ideal way for it to end because its years and years of storyline... everyone expected it to end a different way than it did.

i think the thing with Meadow was meant to be a joke of sorts. she had one of those Lexus' that can parallel park themselves but she was too much of a thicko to understand that. plus, i think, they wanted you to concentrate on who would be the next person coming through the door. the doorbell played something in that because the last scene had the doorbell ringing with Tony looking up before the abrupt change to black and silence. it was supposed to divert your attention (in my humble) to make the ending more startling. or something. i really dig it now, the more i think of it.

eleanor
eleanor Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
I haven't seen one episode of this show, and I want to throw in my two cents anyway. HAHA. I figure, if they mention it on the news, then I'm also allowed to have an opinion. Bwahaha.

I thought it was cool. I mean, any other kind of ending would just be a let-down, and this way you don't disappoint anyone either way. Or.. something?

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:03 PM Quote
eleanor wrote:
I haven't seen one episode of this show, and I want to throw in my two cents anyway. HAHA. I figure, if they mention it on the news, then I'm also allowed to have an opinion. Bwahaha.

I thought it was cool. I mean, any other kind of ending would just be a let-down, and this way you don't disappoint anyone either way. Or.. something?

there seems to be 2 schools of thought on how this show ended. there's the people that wanted everything tied up nice and neat a la every other successful television series that's reached the end of its run. then there's the people (like me) that can appreciate (somewhat) the originality of how the end finally came even though it was a tad disappointing to see the show come to an end...or has it waaahahah. ehem.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

anyone watch it? whaddaya think?

please share.

At first I was What the Fuck! (well I actually yelled at the telly)

But then I thought about it and I like it... I dont think there will be a movie I reckon T is dead - (the flashback to not hearing the gun when your dead was there for a reason)

I had a look online and there were a few fun points made by people but perhaps you could clarify...

The dude in the bathroom was wearing a Members only jacket which was the name of Episode 1?

T's Da was killed the same way?? - janice was late -??

Excellent point Haz re: Medow.. the car is supposed to park itself... lol..

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:46 PM