Travis

Re: A Project I'll Be Undertaking - A Year In Photos
elfy
elfy Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:44 PM Quote
Been a while since I've posted anything. Been mainly featuring moustaches lately. Have a look and leave your comments, good or bad...all are welcome!

Only fifty days to go!

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 11:09 PM Quote
Alright gang? Been a wee while since I annoyed you all about my project. The photos have been a bit of a variety as usual. A lot of 'taches, a bit of still life, the usual quota of the mutt and a landscape thrown in for good measure.

While I'm here, the new issue of Practical Photography is out tomorrow and contains a four page feature on my light trail stick fellas, apparently. So if you fancy seeing them in print, pick up a copy for about four quid. Or sneak a wee look when you're in WH Smith if you don't really feel like buying it. But I didn't tell you that, alright? Haha!

Oh, and by the way, you can now purchase prints, canvases, mousemats, keyrings and all sorts of other stuff featuring my photos, if you so desire. There's a link on the site.

Shameless plug over.

A Year In Photos

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
elfy wrote:

While I'm here, the new issue of Practical Photography is out tomorrow and contains a four page feature on my light trail stick fellas, apparently. So if you fancy seeing them in print, pick up a copy for about four quid. Or sneak a wee look when you're in WH Smith if you don't really feel like buying it. But I didn't tell you that, alright? Haha!

Hey, that's really cool--congratulations! Really enjoying your photos, thanks for sharing!

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 10:08 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Hey, that's really cool--congratulations! Really enjoying your photos, thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much, I certainly will.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 3:05 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
Alright gang? Been a wee while since I annoyed you all about my project. The photos have been a bit of a variety as usual. A lot of 'taches, a bit of still life, the usual quota of the mutt and a landscape thrown in for good measure.

Oh, and by the way, you can now purchase prints, canvases, mousemats, keyrings and all sorts of other stuff featuring my photos, if you so desire. There's a link on the site.

Shameless plug over.

A Year In Photos

This is fantastic news, Mr! I shall go and investigate tomorrow and see if i can find it. Unfortunately your site is blocked at my work, they obviously don't trust your content! Ha ha

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Fri 04 Dec, 2009 1:56 AM Quote
Lovely photos! You have a talent.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 06 Dec, 2009 1:37 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
This is fantastic news, Mr! I shall go and investigate tomorrow and see if i can find it. Unfortunately your site is blocked at my work, they obviously don't trust your content! Ha ha

Haha! Don't think there's anything too objectionable on there at the moment. Cheers kid.

melissam3173 wrote:
Lovely photos! You have a talent.

Thanks very much.

While I'm here, just a wee heads up to let you all know, I'm going to be running a prize draw from the 1st of January to win a free 18" x 12" print of one of my photos from the project, just as a little thank you to those who may have taken the time to have a look throughout the year. More details nearer the time.

elfy
elfy Posted Mon 21 Dec, 2009 9:42 AM Quote
Right guys, time to maybe start having a look through the photos from the year again and pick out your favourite. From the 1st of January till 8:00pm UK time on the 7th of January, you will be able to enter a free draw to win an 18" x 12" print of your favourite photo. Just send your name and the date of your favourite photo to elfy32@gmail.com and make the subject of your email 'Elfy Photography Prize Draw'

Remember to hold off until the year's complete though!

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 23 Dec, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
So good to see this elfy and you carried on through.

I lost patience and suffered so much frustration this year I went batshit a month or so ago and deleted EVERY photo I have taken off my hard drives and Flickr's and everywhere else.

Not one photo made me happy with the way it was taken and I thought everyone of them could be better.

So if they didn't exist I'd have nothing to get frustrated about.

I have started again now.

Fingers crossed I keep my mind.

elfy
elfy Posted Thu 24 Dec, 2009 10:15 AM Quote
Haha! Wow, bit extreme mate! Listen, it's very rare that I take a photo that I can't find something wrong with. And I reckon if I ever get to the stage that every photo is perfect, then it'll be time to give up. What's the point if not to keep improving eh?

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 6:48 AM Quote
Well, that's the year complete! It's certainly been a challenge, but I've loved doing it. Like I said right at the start, some days have been more inspirational than others but, looking back over the year, there haven't been too many that I really can't stand to look at. Thanks to everyone who took the time to have a look over the course of the year. Feel free to pick out your favourite shot and email the date of it and your name to elfy32@gmail.com to be in with a chance of winning a free print. All entries should be in by 8:00pm UK time on Thursday the 7th of January.

Oh, and I'm up at quarter to seven on New Year's Day to go and try to catch the first sunrise of the year. Should be a good way to start off 2010's project!

A Year In Photos

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 7:50 AM Quote
Congrats!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 11:42 AM Quote

Well Done Col'

I really enjoyed your photies, are you gonna keep going ??

Nice to see it's taking off with the prints and the magazine article, you never know maybe one day you'll get to hang up your overalls and do this full time instead.

Best of luck dude.

Dubz

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 01 Jan, 2010 12:59 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
Congrats!

Cheers man.

Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Well Done Col'

I really enjoyed your photies, are you gonna keep going ??

Nice to see it's taking off with the prints and the magazine article, you never know maybe one day you'll get to hang up your overalls and do this full time instead.

Best of luck dude.

Dubz

Thanks mate. Aye, I'm going to keep at it again this year. Maybe try to concentrate more on landscapes and portraits but I dunno, just see how it goes I suppose. Hanging up the overalls would be fantastic mind you.

elfy
elfy Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2010 5:35 PM Quote
Just a wee reminder everyone, if you want to win an 18" x 12" print of one of the photos from 2009 you've got until 8:00pm UK time tonight (so, about two and a half hours) to enter the free prize draw. Email the date of your favourite photo and your name to elfy32@gmail.com

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:17 PM