Travis

Re: European Dates: Feb 2009
kathrin_on_the_rocks
kathrin_on_the_rocks Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 8:39 PM Quote

Oh silvella, i totally agree with you! i saw travis for the first time in hamburg. unfortunately i stood in the middle of the crowd. everwhere around me there were aphetically faces and people with folded arms. it was so horrible, because i was so excited to see the guys and i just had to move and to cheer because of i my gladness.
i saw recordings from other concerts in other countries and i was so ashamed about the german audience and the bad mood...

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:15 PM Quote
i can only repeat myself - try to get to the front. i always have a GREAT time there and i don't even realize if people behind me are clapping or not. it would just annoy me so much if i would stand in the middle of people who are not moving... at a TRAVIS gig... :/

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:36 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
i can only repeat myself - try to get to the front. i always have a GREAT time there and i don't even realize if people behind me are clapping or not. it would just annoy me so much if i would stand in the middle of people who are not moving... at a TRAVIS gig... :/

Sure, but you have to be there early. At least i saw Hamburger people more excited than in Köln. I don´t know who said that germans wanna have careful while they are in a gig. That´s true, overall if you are not german you can detect that inmediately; but that is nice. Try to have a gig in Latinamerica, almost you can lost your life jumping in the crowd XD

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:52 PM Quote
well, you can also "lose your life" at gigs in germany, but it won't happen at a travis gig (that's good, tho, lol) - but i've seen other bands who have a different music style and therefore a different crowd.

but all in all when i went to see travis in london i had a feeling that the crowd there was much more excited than they are over here, so maybe that's true. but i also have to say that the atmosphere in hamburg (last week) wasn't bad AT ALL ;)

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 6:49 AM Quote
kathrin_on_the_rocks wrote:

Oh silvella, i totally agree with you! i saw travis for the first time in hamburg. unfortunately i stood in the middle of the crowd. everwhere around me there were aphetically faces and people with folded arms. it was so horrible, because i was so excited to see the guys and i just had to move and to cheer because of i my gladness.
i saw recordings from other concerts in other countries and i was so ashamed about the german audience and the bad mood...

Thank you, Kathrin, for being with me!!! And I feel with you. Maybe the Germans are afraid to make a fool of themselves when they dance and sing and jump at a concert, I don't know. I was always believing that concerts are made for having a good time and party. At the Football World Championship, they are freaking out totally. They can if they want to! So what the hell is wrong with them ?

RaZzZ, its crazy and great how the crowd in South America is opening up! Next time, I'll book a flight and go there!! *g*

And Sarah, yes, standing in the front row was soooo good! And this is the advantage of a small venue: you dont't need to be there 5 hours before the gig starts. We were at the doors at 7.30, and they've opened them at about 8.15.

Oh, and I'm so sad right at this moment because I realize that it's over again... And the waiting period has started again... Btw, we've told Fran, Andy and Dougie they should come to Germany next time when it's summer!!! You were right, Sarah, Fran came out at 1.15 in the morning - we were iceblocks!! *g*

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
^hehe, yes, in hamburg we also had to wait until 1 am, but it wasn't that cold. it was raining from time to time, tho.

and did anyone say when they'll be back?? =(
i remember dougie saying in 2007 that it won't take that long, and he proved to be right, heh.

kathrin_on_the_rocks
kathrin_on_the_rocks Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 1:11 PM Quote
i hope he proves to be right!

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 2:45 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
^hehe, yes, in hamburg we also had to wait until 1 am, but it wasn't that cold. it was raining from time to time, tho.

and did anyone say when they'll be back?? =(
i remember dougie saying in 2007 that it won't take that long, and he proved to be right, heh.

Hmmm... I think Fran said "We'll be back soon" at the end of the gig, but "soon" is an elastic word... Maybe they they take our wish to the heart and return in summer - THIS summer!! *g*

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 5:13 PM Quote
aaww, but if he really said "soon" then it HAS TO mean something... omg please, that would be so awesome if it would be this year. please please please!
lol now i'm getting my hopes up and i probably shouldn't ;)

aaahhh.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 6:48 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
aaww, but if he really said "soon" then it HAS TO mean something... omg please, that would be so awesome if it would be this year. please please please!
lol now i'm getting my hopes up and i probably shouldn't ;)

aaahhh.

Or maybe until Rock am Ring

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
i don't like festivals - but *if* they would play there, i would probably go ;)

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
I remember him saying (summed up) that "soon" means in more than one year, or more, and he wished us a nice summer, winter, spring, summer, and I can't remember the rest but I guess they need a looong BREAK after that tour ;) so we shouldn't expect them back very soon.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 9:22 PM Quote
=((((

well, but of course i can understand they need a break now and then, heh.

it doesn't make any sense, tho - how can "soon" mean in more than one year? ;D that's not very soon at all.

kathrin_on_the_rocks
kathrin_on_the_rocks Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:24 AM Quote
its even a musician "soon"...so what can we expect?

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:10 PM Quote
Okay, they need a break, that's true. But I have a conciliatory proposal (au weia was ein Wort: Vorschlag zur Güte *g*): they can play exclusively in Germany, and MORE exclusively just for us boardies... unplugged... that's relaxing, isn't it?

Rock am Ring - unfortunately they are not in the lineup until now...

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:51 PM