Travis

One gig=Many conversions (about Lima Hot Festival)
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
Dear Travis (TWT and all boardies too, of course!)

Many of us know your music long ago, but we know that in Peru are not known as well as we would like, we know that many people don’t go beyond sing and why does it always rain on me ... is a cruel truth, but there is something that is true and I was delighted to discover: the effect that have left in many people who unknown your music and have been very pleased with your presentation last November 14th.

The intention of this thread is none other than show a small summary of the comments made by the public after Lima Hot Festival (I know Travis doesn’t go beyond Hola! Gracias! and Me gusta! so is in english, at least I think so! hahaha) These comments were written by those people who did not wait too much of Travis and now have given attention to your proposal.

Thanks for your attention...

P.S. So now you have two excuses to return (some day in a not too distant future, I hope!) a captivated audience, and, of course, Machu Picchu! hahahaha(among other wonders that my country can offer)

Re: One gig=Many conversions (about Lima Hot Festival)
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:25 PM Quote

http://sad-bastard-music.blogspot.com/2008/11/lima-hot-festival-2008.html

For me, watch the gig that gave the Scots was a pleasing surprise. And not because the work of Fran Healy & Co. was unknown for me, was a surprise because the unexpected vitality and fearlessness that they impregnated to each of their songs. There was no track to discard or to be underestimated. The band knew how to maximize the energy radiated each of their tracks to engage the public in them. Since the initial hooks "Selfish Jean" going through the layers of distorted "Side" and that powerful rendition of "All I Want to do is Rock" (at the invitation of Healy to accompany it with pats that "We Will Rock You" by Queen ). What Travis was simply a round presentation. As if it were an equation very calculated, to that add large numbers of troops singles who they have, a conjunction between charisma and strident rhythmic bases hidden in the melody and subtlety of their sound, which live merge seamlessly to provide a remarkable spectacle, which requires no fireworks or pyrotechnics to stand on its own. We went to the lighter version of "Flowers in the Window" during the acoustic part of his show. However, everything was a huge blast of warmth that ended in a happily "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?"… Believe me, I left the festival become a Travis fan,

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:28 PM Quote

http://zajnostiko.blogspot.com/2008/11/crnica-del-lima-hot-festival-awesome.html

I didn’t like this band and I said it loud out, but yesterday I swallowed my words: the songs that I knew of them returned to me like truths that I did’nt want to hear when I was 16, and the songs I like, but didn’t know they belonged to THEM, gave me a beating…
Sing, Side y Why does it…? soundes impeccable… so good acoustic guitars! Francis Healy sings very well and unfolds like crazy on stage. The gig was little for them but the people recognized the quality of the band and the scottish were acclaimed.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:30 PM Quote

From: http://conciertosperu.com.pe/videos/2008/cronica-y-videos-lima-hot-festival-rem-y-travis-estadio-nacional-de-lima-14-de-noviembre-2008/

Gerardo:

Good performance, quality, charisma, a show that had never seen before. A Francis Healy totally committed to music, stuck to the microphone and singing as if he had the love of his life in front of him. Not to mention what the great Dougie Payne, with his bag over it to look like a soldiers infect everyone with his smile and charisma. It was simply impossible not to be jumping and singing with this group, everyone who has a TV or radio for 10 years know about songs like "Sing," "Why does it always rain on me?" Or "Side". Their playful style, but always professional and playing well did give us a super gig that was well matched by the public; nothing better than to hear "Why does it always rain on me?" While Francis called us a "POGO" to complete the concert. And so ended, and I thought "if it stopped the concert here, I’ll back home more than happy"

Italo Rossi:

I was struck by the strength with which they played their new themes (much more intense than the previous discs) and the punch that they injectors to songs like Turn, Side and Driftwood

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
From: http://conciertosperu.com.pe/videos/2008/cronica-y-videos-lima-hot-festival-rem-y-travis-estadio-nacional-de-lima-14-de-noviembre-2008/

Ivan Valdivia:
I was surprised. I didn’t think they sounded so good live. I’ve already heard their last album and I believe is a work of art ... so good, no doubt

dr brightside :

Travis ... amazing!
Gave as an example how in a short period of time and some good feeling won the people and put in their pockets!
Their tight setlist was excellent, and it’s obvious that a group that does not have much diffusion be remembered for his most characteristic singles. Brilliant re-Offender, and I really liked how the people was heated in why does it always rain on me ... 10 points Travis, I think that soon we will see in Lima in a concert exclusive to them, I don’t know why…

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:36 PM Quote

Zajnóstico
The gig was so good. I went for REM but Travis surprised me a lot, they played very very well.

Jorge:
I went to the festival only because REM.
I must say that I knew something about Travis (Sing, why does it…?) but nothing else, so I prepared myself and I get their last albums and the setlist… So, I wanted enjoy in the festival ... but I did not expect much from them. However, TRAVIS live is awesome! how I didn’t know about this band before?
Convinced me and I think a lot of people feel the same way.
If the had gone light, or had been suspended after performance of Travis, I would have been satisfied. REM was the best and the Tracis election to support them was so right.
But hopefully will return soon to appear alone, I think of the 35 thousand people who were present, more than half would go.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:38 PM Quote

PP:
TRAVIS came as illustrious unknown (live) for me. I heard two of their albums and some hits and I thought their proposal was "nice", but in a gig is where a band really shows its full value and strength (as Jimmy Page said in the seventies), frankly, as a group Travis alone paid the entry (which for me was "Stand"). Luckily I was in the same area where Francis first fell to encourage and salute the people and was totally insane. "Pogo" with slow songs was something new for me, but I enjoyed the most. When Andrew was launched over the public, the madness was higher…

Sandro:
Already in the past year, in other blogs that speak of the coming of Soda and low of taxes, i asked for next year came travis, there were people, of course, who unknown Travis.
I knew this band 4 years ago and i have one of them live dvd, There I saw the force of these guys, when they was elected for supporting rem, i was so happy because i knew they were going to give a really great performance… of course, my compatriots didn’ know about that. So the performance of them was very good, implecable, in each item empathy with people increase. They put the people into their pockets, the british sound is one of the feellings more enclosures in the world, I think the next day be bought one pair of records of them, at least. If Travis come next year of the fact they took more than 15 mil themselves. This group from scotland won’t have the glamor or advertising of other bands but in the stage they are awesome and reconfirmed me that at the LHF day.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:39 PM Quote

Don Jijuna:
Travis was surprised me, in the sense that live sound spectacular, I would venture to say that they do live much better even than in the study, fascinating from start to finish, just perfect, not played "beautiful occupation" I think that should save the presentation of Turbopotamos and cementerio club.

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:49 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:

Dear Travis (and all boardies too

Many of us know your music long ago, but we know that in Peru are not known as well as we would like, we know that many people don’t go beyond sing and why does it always rain on me ... is a cruel truth, but there is something that is true and I was delighted to discover: the effect that have left in many people who unknown your music and have been very pleased with your presentation last November 14th.

The intention of this thread is none other than show a small summary of the comments made by the public after Lima Hot Festival (I know Travis doesn’t go beyond Hola! Gracias! and Me gusta! so is in english, at least I think so! hahaha) These comments were written by those people who did not wait too much of Travis and now have given attention to your proposal.

Thanks for your attention...

http://revista69.com/rem-en-lima-parte-2/

touché!

and congrats Yuriko . awesome topic! =)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 11:07 PM Quote
nice post and heartening - love :)

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 11:42 PM Quote

Love to read this stuff and see people challenging preconceptions... :)

theflanintheface
theflanintheface Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
I love the effect they have on people! When they play somewhere everybody just loves them! Their music, their passion, their charisma!

They are great musicians but even more, they are great people!

I loved your comment Yuriko :) that night meant a lot to us, but it's also great that so many people that didn't know much of Travis found themselves in love with the band and their amazing performance!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
From: http://saleyvale.net/manzarock/2008/11/18/in-situ-lima-hot-festival-14-de-noviembre/

I don’t think anyone can say now that knew how they would feel at that time they were beginning to give each of the 4 concerts of the festival [...] much less with the show shut-up-you mouth that Travis offers. I can’t say that I’m a fan of the Scottish band […] but what happened last Friday must have turn nearly 35,000 souls who arrived in the National. Without a doubt. And as I said in one of those posts, I admire how the battery, without making much, handles the pace of the band [¿remains Neil Primrose?][...] With Travis I didn't have to wait a long time to hook […] thir gig was a triumph. Then I thought better, and I understood perfectly: are 6-disc in more than 10 years of experience. There was no way to do it wrong.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:29 AM Quote

Cocker
what a real surprise from Travis, frankly, I did not expect such a performance from the scottish.
Lester

Lester:
Travis also was a surprise to me, I am not a fan but I like their songs, they was very animated and delivered. The best thing, to my taste, was the acoustic version of "Flowers In The Window" and closing with "Why Does It Always Rain On Me."

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:30 AM Quote
http://revista69.com/rem-en-lima-parte-2/#comment-5359

Fidel Gutierrez:

Travis, the real surprise of the night.

[...] Travis began with the wonderful "Selfish Jean", their penultimate album, a theme whose charming simplicity and power (illustrated with an amusing and almost amateur video clip) that approached the American indie rock which his very recent Ode To J. Smith took a few lessons. So, suddenly, we were on stage with a band that sounded like rock with a forcefulness that left no room for indifference to the public, something no doubt derived from good work of its members but also an appropriate use of the console sound.
[...]
The power and energy initials of Scots was maintained throughout the entire concert, bewildered those who only did a few hours before votes to shorten as much as possible […], although in fact the number of unconditional theirs in the audience was quite large, judging by the comments previously heard [...]
The impetus that their put on every song (including the totally acoustic reading of "Flowers in the Window", a chorus sung by all the band) and the charisma and a good job of the whole group, especially from Healy and Bassist Doug Payne (who played with the public at will) - it won the battle to skepticism. Mine took out the white flag when the singer began to cool the phrase "All I Want I Do Is Rock" from his debut album, Good Feeling, whose title also touched topic, bringing to mind a time when the pop / rock for the masses made in the UK still kept some dignity.
Before that we were repeating the number of troops chorus of songs like "Sing," "Re-Offender" or "Side", once unconsciously learned through the radio and then abandoned in a dusty attic mental. All of them, like "Turn" and "Why Does It Always Rain on Me?" (Predictable auction for a true "faenón"), were interpreted too conviction and seamless, as it should be. Any blame? Don’t play "The Beautiful Occupation". For the rest, everything was OK thanks to the balanced doses of professionalism and spirit rocker who provided us.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:41 PM