Travis

Re: How's the Weather?
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ice cubes on the eyelashes i have seen

Is this some bizarre sexual thing?

Yup. Popular with those in Ottawa. Gotta mix it up a little.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This sounds insane, I heard on the radio yesterday they were telling people (I think it was North Dakota???) to stay inside because it was so cold that their eyelids could freeze shut!! Is that even possible? That's cold.
When I was in Montana about 8 years ago it was -30 below and -50 below with the wind chill and my eyeslids did start freezing shut because the wind would make my eyes water. Also when I inhaled through my nose I could feel the inside of my nose start to freeze. Creepiest feeling ever!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
Just drove through a snow storm to get to work. My ABS breaks and skid control came on more than once and played the fun game of "am I in a lane?"
I got here 20 minutes late and still there are only 3 of us here on my floor.
Oh well, made it here in one piece and thats all that matters, i suppose.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Just drove through a snow storm to get to work. My ABS breaks and skid control came on more than once and played the fun game of "am I in a lane?"
I got here 20 minutes late and still there are only 3 of us here on my floor.
Oh well, made it here in one piece and thats all that matters, i suppose.

I hope you have coffee waitting for you

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
Well done Kristy, you survived sleep and the car journey.

Do you feel like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/TheGuv/coffee.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
I put the coffee maker on the second that I got here and am drinking it now. It is hot and delicious.

Yes, in reality, the driving in the storm wasnt the hard part, it was the sleeping. Ive come so close to losing my life in several sleeping accidents.

I do however look exactly like the chick in that picture. Right down to the pink press on nails.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Yes, in reality, the driving in the storm wasnt the hard part, it was the sleeping. Ive come so close to losing my life in several sleeping accidents.

remind me not to ride to work with you

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
I like what you've done there.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
not sleeping while I drive, sleeping while I sleep.
Those were 2 unrelated thoughts.

Ive never fallen asleep driving.
But still you may not drive with me. You will fill my car with hippie beads and incense

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
not sleeping while I drive, sleeping while I sleep.
Those were 2 unrelated thoughts.

Ive never fallen asleep driving.
But still you may not drive with me. You will fill my car with hippie beads and incense

the incense part is a lie . The beads are like a talisman protection against bad drivers and the police though , they're there for a reason .

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:47 PM Quote
We got at LEAST 8 inches of snow overnight...on top of what we already had! And it's still snowing! My dad and brother are outside shoveling us out right now! I'll try and post a pic later. It looks unreal.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:48 PM Quote

SHITE !!

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
We got at LEAST 8 inches of snow overnight...on top of what we already had! And it's still snowing! My dad and brother are outside shoveling us out right now! I'll try and post a pic later. It looks unreal.

we are going for 25cm just to crush you in the D! I heard 50 cm by monday. I think I might hybernate all weekend. Except I have plans. boo.

If anyone wants to show up at my work around 5pm EST to clean off my car, I will pay you back in hugs and hot chocolate.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
oh people are my favourite. We have a show tonight, which never gets cancelled (good ole 'the show must go on') but people have the option of exchanging their tickets at no cost to them if they cannot make it due to the weather. Ive had about 10 calls about it already tonight and everyone else has been super nice, this woman just called and SCREAMED at me that I was putting people lives in danger and that she was leaving the country and couldnt make it on another night and that we are ridiculous and she is never coming back and that the malls are closed and the universities are closed and we should be too.
Oh and, "my friend will drive no matter what the weather is because she not lose out on her money." Well im sorry, tell your friend if she feels like she is risking her safety, maybe it isnt such a big deal to lose out on her 40 bucks.

She asked me if we cancelled the show in the blizzard of '77! Well ma'am, as i wasnt alive them, im not quite sure what happened!!

As soon as i hung up everyone else went: "What just happened there?"
ERGGGGGGGGGGG!
Now i need the hugs and hot chocolate

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 19 Dec, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Very sunny today and rather mild (9°c this afternoon).

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:57 AM