Travis

Re: Recording of Ode
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Except, like you say, Get Up. It's the one I sometimes skip too. I don't want to go on about it because I've said quite a few times why I'm not so keen. It's repetitive, it sounds flat, it's a bit bland. It doesn't excite me at all unlike most of the others. :)

Like you say, Travis are brilliant and it's cool for all us fans to have a difference of opinion. :) Though of course I like to see comments bigging up Quite Free, I know not everyone thinks the same. :)

Sorry you feel that way about it. At least you've given a reason. Honestly I've never hated a Travis song, only elements of certain songs. And this is where I'll mention TBWNN. However I didn't know Quite Free is also not very liked. It's a great one too. I wonder who wrote what bits--is it the first song written by the 3 of them?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

Oh bugger, I was meant to leave this thread *zips mouth tightly shut*

Don't leave it's a good discussion here.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
[quote="M
However I didn't know Quite Free is also not very liked. [/quote]

Think you may have ( i hope ! ) misread that bit - Quite Free is HUGELY liked by most here :)

I think its the star track , along with Friends , the tracks that I replay over and over in the car .

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Think you may have ( i hope ! ) misread that bit - Quite Free is HUGELY liked by most here :)

I think its the star track , along with Friends , the tracks that I replay over and over in the car .

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. I was quite surprised about that actually.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
I like the songs on the first half too, Chinese Blues especially, but the second half is more interesting for me...Get Up is like Something Anything, a superb ROCKER, but then I lose interest after a while, love Dougies backing-up vocals on it though!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Yeah sorry for the misunderstanding about Quite Free. It is very popular on here but there are some that don't seem to like it. And my point was that it's cool that people have different opinions but I obviously like reading positive things about songs i like. That was my point. :)

I like Get Up in a way. I don't hate it. Just think it's one of my least favourite Travis album songs. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
I heart Quite Free, the riff and feeling of the song kind of reminds me of Love Will Come Through and that's always a good thing ;)

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yeah sorry for the misunderstanding about Quite Free. It is very popular on here but there are some that don't seem to like it. And my point was that it's cool that people have different opinions but I obviously like reading positive things about songs i like. That was my point. :)

I like Get Up in a way. I don't hate it. Just think it's one of my least favourite Travis album songs. :)

No worries. At least you're being honest. And there's no need to reiterate that everyone will have different opinions. That's what makes a discussion interesting. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 23 Nov, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
I have to admit to not likng 'get up ' as much as the others but it was a big sensation for everyone when played live in the Notts gig. So much so I commented on its poularity to Fran.

I still think as a live track it rocks , having seen how people enjoyed it at the gig.

Yoh ! This amazing album is just a tip of a rocky iceberg :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 3:34 AM