Travis

FAO - Football Boardies
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 1:08 PM Quote

Listening to Off the Ball and the question of the week is who was the greatest foreign player at club level ??

Does not need to be your club, could be a player who's scored against your greatest rivals or perhaps a rival player who was constantly fuckin' up...

St.Mirren for me it would be big Guni, Gudmundor Torfasson great player fom Iceland (I think).

Dubz

Re: FAO - Football Boardies
nesmap
nesmap Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Ivano Bonetti for us. He was awesome. I will never forgive Brian Laws for ousting him out of the club by throwing a plate of chicken at him and breaking his cheekbone :(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 16 Nov, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
Ivano Bonetti for us. He was awesome. I will never forgive Brian Laws for ousting him out of the club by throwing a plate of chicken at him and breaking his cheekbone :(

Yo Nes !!

How ya keepin' ?

Did Bonetti play north of the Border I seem to remember the name ??

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 10:24 AM Quote
The late Hichram Zerouali. The boy was a genius.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

What about big Theo Snelders? Dubz, are you not thinking of Peter Bonetti?

We've never had anyone foreign, so I'll go for Chich Charnley, who at times seemed to come from a different planet. Not in a 'he was a great footballer way' mind you.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

We've never had anyone foreign, so I'll go for Chich Charnley, who at times seemed to come from a different planet. Not in a 'he was a great footballer way' mind you.

Theo was a great keeper, pity he was a mercenary bastard quite happy to sit in the Huns 3rd team for more money.

Peter Bonetti ?? Christ I'm not that old!! No I googled both... Ivano Bonetti was manager at Dundee for a spell, he was the one responsible for bringing Claudio Caniggia to Dundee before being poached by the Huns.

I remember big Chic well from his days at Love Street, he could turn it on when needed however he was more known for his... how can I put this diplomatically... "bruiser" capabilities, He was afraid of no-one. Do you recall the story of the two men with samurai swords tried to attack the training session, Chic chased them away. I'll always have a soft spot for big Chic.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

what about Quinton Jacobs ?? If I remember rightly he once scored straight from a corner.

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:42 PM