Travis

Re: Any swedes here?
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Okay, just don't go back to Halifax because that is a good...2000km or so from where I live. I cant be a tourguide there. Yes, we like trees. We have a lot of them. I think the 2 countries are in fact quite similar. Hockey, weather, trees, umm...nice people?

Do you live in Alfie-Town? I'm not that good at geography so I don't know how far Ottawa is from Halifax.
Hmm I don't think swedes are that nice actually, maybe you met tourist when you visited Sweden ;) And that pizzaguy was probably an immigrant :D

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
I'm not Swede but I love a band from Sweden: The Perishers ^^ I wish they tour in Spain someday :)

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
Jag beklagar. haha I'm jokin'. ;-p

Jag har aldrig varit där, om man nu inte räknar med mina genomresor med tåg när jag vart på väg till Malmö och Danmark.

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Staden med den fina dialekten, Norrköping ;)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
bara wrote:

i think i say something like "hrøl hgrøl mej flødheh" or something ^^
when i learned that sentence it was quite fun. i met a swedish girl again which i met some time ago at a concert and together we met 2 danish guys.. everyone taught me something. it was quite fun.

what exatly is it then?

It's strawberry jelly with cream. Absolutely delicious :o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Okay, just don't go back to Halifax because that is a good...2000km or so from where I live. I cant be a tourguide there. Yes, we like trees. We have a lot of them. I think the 2 countries are in fact quite similar. Hockey, weather, trees, umm...nice people?

Do you live in Alfie-Town? I'm not that good at geography so I don't know how far Ottawa is from Halifax.
Hmm I don't think swedes are that nice actually, maybe you met tourist when you visited Sweden ;) And that pizzaguy was probably an immigrant :D

Haha, Alfie Town! Im pretty sure if they tried to make that official, it would pass because Ottawa loves him so much. I dont currently live there, but I went to Univeristy there for 4 years. Left about a year and a half ago. Ottawa is about...a 14 hour drive from Halifax I would say. I live about 5 hours further West (and further away from Halifax). About an hour south Toronto.
All the Swedes I met were nice, but maybe they just wanted me to buy stuff. And it was funny because it was raining the day we got there, and we ran into a Canadian who now lives in Stockholm and she apologized for the weather. Somethings never change: like our need to say sorry for things that arent even out fault.

Oh, and I have met Daniel Alfredsson and Henrik and Daniel Sedin and Marcus Naslund! They were good examples of nice Swedes!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
For you "röe o vide": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EC4qKmJVI

It's a swedish comedian that imitates a danish psychic medium. ;)

Hehe, that's the worst Danish ever, unless he speaks an extremely local accent :oP

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Somethings never change: like our need to say sorry for things that arent even out fault.

Well that's a typical swedish-thing, or maybe typical human ;) The image tourists tend to have is that swedes are withdrawn and afraid of doing something wrong. And we have pretty good salesmen so the people working in the stores certainly knew what they were doing ;) No I'm just kidding, some swedes are genuinely nice people :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Somethings never change: like our need to say sorry for things that arent even out fault.

Well that's a typical swedish-thing, or maybe typical human ;) The image tourists tend to have is that swedes are withdrawn and afraid of doing something wrong. And we have pretty good salesmen so the people working in the stores certainly knew what they were doing ;) No I'm just kidding, some swedes are genuinely nice people :D

no one laughed at me when i tried to order Swedish street meat (a hot dog). I dont remember the word for it but it was long and complicated, so i take that as being nice! Maybe they laughed once i was gone.
Also, my friend had this pita with a hotdog, mashed potatoes and lettuce in it. It was the weirdest hot dog i had ever seen!
Hmm, although some salesman made inappropriate comments about how my friend could pay for her watch with sex. that was a little...random. He was the only strange Swede we encountered. No sir, my friend isnt going to whore herself out for a watch.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Hmm, although some salesman made inappropriate comments about how my friend could pay for her watch with sex. that was a little...random. He was the only strange Swede we encountered. No sir, my friend isnt going to whore herself out for a watch.

Haha wtf, I'm so sorry about that(here we go)!
Oh your friend had a tunnbrödsrulle, a swedish delicacy ;) Did she like it?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
[
Haha wtf, I'm so sorry about that(here we go)!
Oh your friend had a tunnbrödsrulle, a swedish delicacy ;) Did she like it?

Hahaha, no worries. It is now our story to tell of the horny swedish man.
No, she actually hated the hotdog potato thing. She ate half of it and then couldnt do it anymore. SORRY! (ha!)

bara
bara Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Darran wrote:
Anyway I love Sweden and have done since I was a kid.

I remember drawing the three crowns on all my folders in school when I first saw the Ice Hockey team at the Winter Olympics way back not to mention the legends Tomas Brolin and Martin Dahlin.

You are precious.

Also, people of Sweden, please tell my why you put bananas on your pizza. And there was some fantastic pizza place around the corner from our hotel and the guy gave us free salad because we entertained him with our lack of knowledge of the Swedish language.

and i had a conversation about the Senators with a changeroom attendent in H&M.

you put bananas on your pizzas? why didnt i ever realize that?
aaah.

bara
bara Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm so glad to see that you guys love our little country :D
I will try to answer your questions as good as I possible can...

Meatballs = Köttbullar ( pronounce it like Shirt-bull-are)
Bananas on pizza! Well I think that's kind of disgusting, I like pineapple on pizza though. The people making pizza in our country are often turks, syrians or serbians so maybe it's their specialty!

Funny that you mentioned Brolin and Dahlin, they are still our national-heroes after that bronze in the world cup 94'!

your explanation for Köttbullar is great ^^ love it . haha

bara
bara Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Why do you know the sentence "Du är lite nyfiken"? haha
For you guys that don't speak swedish this means "You're a bit curious"

i just say one name: mikael persbrandt

yay!

bara
bara Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:09 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

An american pizza is like a totally different thing to me, the bread is much thicker =)

i like that thin bread. yummy
and i hate those with cheese in crust

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
also, utfart is a funny Swedish word.

Hehe our word for speed is fart and our word for good is bra ;)

haha, great!

i think "bara" is "only" or something, isnt it?

Hanne wrote:
bara wrote:

i think i say something like "hrøl hgrøl mej flødheh" or something ^^
when i learned that sentence it was quite fun. i met a swedish girl again which i met some time ago at a concert and together we met 2 danish guys.. everyone taught me something. it was quite fun.

what exatly is it then?

It's strawberry jelly with cream. Absolutely delicious :o)

im gunna try it! i just been in denmark, last week.. i cant remember that village i went in.. cause we really hadnt time to see anything of dk.. unfortunately. but denmark and sweden always been my favs.. till i met great britain..
;)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

unfortunately i must say that the cliché for german people is the opposite. they dont say sorry, they more burden.
i hope im not like this...

Quote:

No sir, my friend isnt going to whore herself out for a watch.

Im gunna write it in my book of weird stuff..
i havnt got such a book. but i should have.. love that sentence xD

aaaah think thats it. quoted everything i needed.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
bara wrote:

im gunna try it! i just been in denmark, last week.. i cant remember that village i went in.. cause we really hadnt time to see anything of dk.. unfortunately. but denmark and sweden always been my favs.. till i met great britain..
;)

Just out of curiousity; if you didn't have time to see anything, why were you up here? :o)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:01 AM