He moved in today,

http://www.b3tards.com/u/ead180058c505fc363ce/fresh.gif

that. is. HILARIOUS!!

haha! thats a good animation, mään!

Re: OBAMA
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
He doesn't own 7 houses (yet, how many does he have 5, 6??).

He owns one house in Chicago.

I am thrilled he is our President-Elect but I certainly get that he is still simply a human.

However after 8 years of Bush he is a much needed fresh of breath air.

He is taking over during an extremely tough time and of course he is not going to get everything done he wants to but I still believe he is the right man for our country at this time.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:03 PM Quote

I really do want to be proved wrong and find out that he is a "pure" human being who just happens to be a politician for the right reason.

However after reading all the totally one-sided posts on this board, which incidentally probably does not cover a wide range of demographics within the American electorate, I feel someone should stand up and point out the other side of this arguement.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
I don't see how you're pointing out the other side of the argument. You're not giving any specifics claims or points as to why he is supposedly a slime ball politician, you're just simply saying he is a slime ball politician because he's a politician.

And while I'm obviously an Obama supporter I don't see how my post is so one-sided. I think I have a pretty realistic view of what he can and can't do with his time in office.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I don't see how you're pointing out the other side of the argument. You're not giving any specifics claims or points as to why he is supposedly a slime ball politician, you're just simply saying he is a slime ball politician because he's a politician.

Exactly, I'm deeply suspicious of anyone who would want to be a politician, He may have got into it for the correct reasons originally but I'm pretty sure he's in it for the Power/Glory and Money. but let's face it the world is a severly corrupt place and he is now in the highest office in the land. I would be deeply surprised if he didn't have several skeletons in the closet. Bribes and Kickbacks are part and parcel of modern politics do you honestly think the rest of his party would put a completely uncorruptible person in such a position.

I just don't believe he is as squeaky clean as everyone on here believes, perhaps the other side is the wrong way to put it... perhaps I'm just offering a contrast.

Dubz

The desire to be a politician should immediately ban you from ever becoming one
Billy Connolly

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
I see no problem being vocal about being vocal supporting Obama and saying so long to the Bush Adminstration . They've done nothing for me

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 15 Nov, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/obama-inhale.jpg

after this one George W Bush stars in , Soooooooooo Long suckers !

coming to a street near you

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:11 PM