Travis

Travis: thank you (november 1st, 2nd & 3rd - 2007)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:05 AM Quote
*Warning: long, boring, cheesy post*

I wasn't going to do this, but we (the Argentinian boardies) cellebrated our first "first Travis gig in Argentina anniversary meeting" and I got nostalgic!
It's stupid, but I need to get this out of my chest.

Last year on november 2nd (I nearly wrote 4th, I'm a bit obsessed with that date, haha) I got to see Travis live for the first time (and only, so far). I was also one of the 80 extremely lucky people who got to see the band perform a six songs long "acoustic" set for a local radio station.
I said 3 unforgettable days because on november 1st I got to meet Dougie first, and Fran and Andy later. And I met the whole band again on the 3rd (the day after the gig, so I got to chat with them the three days they stayed in Buenos Aires).

It was one of the most amazing, unforgettable experiences of my life. I get goosebumps just remembering it.

Words fail to express what those three days meant for me, but it was like my feet were a few inches above the ground, and that feeling lasted for months.
It was the first time I cried during a gig (during Writing To Reach You, my favourite Travis song ever). I NEVER cry during gigs! It was like my head and every part of my body were full of music.
I got to see the one band whose music helped me get through a horrible depression years ago. It was a huge thing for me, so Travis' music has left a very important mark in my life. That's how I became a Travis fan.

Experiencing Travis live is something I thought would never happen to me. So I just want to say THANK YOU TRAVIS for this incredible opportunity. I had the time of my life. It was mind blowing, more than I could've imagined.

Thank you also for being so kind to me and to all the fans, each time I met you. That's something you don't see everyday. It meant a lot to me, even though I was in complete awe and therefore acted like a very stupid person. Sorry for that!
Anyway, you guys are the best.

And last but certainly not least, thank you because through this messageboard I got to meet all these new great friends, the Argentinian boardies.

I could never thank you enough, and my basic English doesn't help either... I'm just very, very grateful.

For more days like these to come! :o)
Cheers!

Juli
Buenos Aires, Argentina. November 3rd 2008.

Re: Travis: thank you (november 1st, 2nd & 3rd - 2007)
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
Awww, lovely post, Ju! Thanks for sharing your Travis experience with us :o). Not long (well, a bit :oP), nor boring, nor cheesy post at all ;o).

wdiarom
wdiarom Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
*Warning: long, boring, cheesy post*

I wasn't going to do this, but we (the Argentinian boardies) cellebrated our first "first Travis gig in Argentina anniversary meeting" and I got nostalgic!

Y como no lo ibas a hacer si fueron dias tan especiales para vos!!! y siguen siendolos al compartirlos con nosotros. ; ). Creo que los que estamos aqui le damos una importancia muy muy especial a la musica y a lo que llega a significar en nuestras vidas, por eso,
POR MUCHOS DIAS MAS COMO ESOS!!!! ;)))

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
Hey Juli! Nice post ;) I hope you can see Travis again very soon.

melissa
melissa Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
seee
a full los mejores tres dias de nuestras vidas!!!
ojala vuelvan pronto asi se repiten
julie muy lindo post!

q grosos estos hombres
y con respecto al pelotudo/a q escribio diciendo boring... y no se q mas por q lo lei de pasada
q se vaya a molestar a otras personas... jajaja

bueno simplemente eso q se repita de nuevo y prontoo

besos

gaby
gaby Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
Beautiful (not boring at all) words Juli! :)
You said it all my friend! That gig was not just a gig, it meant a lot in each of our lives, in different ways...
Thank you Travis! Thank you argentinian fans!

Let´s toast for Travis, for us, and for another days like those.
Cheers

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:27 AM Quote
Aww, muchas gracias chicas por leerme :o)
Yo sé que todas me entienden!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:01 AM