Travis

Election Day Release
cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
Fran, if you are lurking about, just curious why you decided to release Ode to J. Smith on Election Day here in the U.S. Everyone will be standing in line 6+ hours and won't be able to buy your album ;)

Re: Election Day Release
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
cartoonmatrix wrote:
Fran, if you are lurking about, just curious why you decided to release Ode to J. Smith on Election Day here in the U.S. Everyone will be standing in line 6+ hours and won't be able to buy your album ;)

Buy it first and listen with headphones while you're in line!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
At least you'll have something interesting to do that day, US elections should be banned for reasons of international boredom.

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
At least you'll have something interesting to do that day, US elections should be banned for reasons of international boredom.

boring?! its gripping!!! cant help feel like ive been seduced though..

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
I dont think they planned it for election day, i think thats when they could arrange distribution (see: whatever that thread was where we all freaked out about international release dates).
And, sidenote. it takes 6 hours to vote??!! perhaps there should be more polling stations!

and yes, im with Kayte. And also, play it a little louder than normal and share with those in line with you.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
And, sidenote. it takes 6 hours to vote??!! perhaps there should be more polling stations!

yeah they are expecting bigger than normal crowds. Though I certainly hope no one has to wait 6 hours.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

yeah they are expecting bigger than normal crowds. Though I certainly hope no one has to wait 6 hours.

Early voting lines have been that long actually. Crazy I know. I pre-ordered the album from the UK so I got it a week later than they did :) I have been listening to it since then. I thought the few extra dollars were worth it. So I will have it on my iPod while I wait in line fo'shizzle.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Early voting lines have been that long actually. Crazy I know. I pre-ordered the album from the UK so I got it a week later than they did :) I have been listening to it since then. I thought the few extra dollars were worth it. So I will have it on my iPod while I wait in line fo'shizzle.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Are there some people who queue up for hours beforehand? I don't think I'd vote if I had to wait more than a few minutes, he's only the world's most powerful man, it's nothing special :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Are there some people who queue up for hours beforehand? I don't think I'd vote if I had to wait more than a few minutes, he's only the world's most powerful man, it's nothing special :P

I think it's more they show up and if it's really crowded it'll take awhile.

It really doesn't matter who I vote for for president because McCain is definitely going to win Texas but there are some local things I definitely want to vote on.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:10 PM