Travis

Re: So who wants an Asian tour? Show of hands PLEASE!
happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
and Turkey again!
*raising both hands*

mayfly
mayfly Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:10 AM Quote
I wish Asia becomes a regular touring spot. But in consideration of poor album sales here, I feel sorry to ask 'Please, come to blah blah~'. Instead, I would say 'Go to somewhere people buy your music.'

Someone says 'I don't buy albums but if they come, I'll go to the gig. Money goes to the band anyway.' But they don't understand album sales is a barometer to make the assumption work. Travis can't go to your country unless local promoters suggest reasonable conditions. And none of local promoters contact to the band unless the marketability is ensured.

Buy the albums, then the market will bring Travis to you. You won't need to write 'come to blah blah' posts any more.

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
mayfly wrote:
I wish Asia becomes a regular touring spot. But in consideration of poor album sales here, I feel sorry to ask 'Please, come to blah blah~'. Instead, I would say 'Go to somewhere people buy your music.'

Someone says 'I don't buy albums but if they come, I'll go to the gig. Money goes to the band anyway.' But they don't understand album sales is a barometer to make the assumption work. Travis can't go to your country unless local promoters suggest reasonable conditions. And none of local promoters contact to the band unless the marketability is ensured.

Buy the albums, then the market will bring Travis to you. You won't need to write 'come to blah blah' posts any more.

Yeah,you're right.Most people think that way.But in some countries it's not easy to find Travis albums.I'm still waiting for Ode.
And now I see the point is 'Asians love you,too Travis!Please don't forget them!'.Not 'come to blah blah'.Sorry for the previous post.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Very well said mayfly. I agree. :)

And I hope you all get to see Travis soon. :)

Re: So who wants an Asia tour? Show of hands PLEASE!
kingjh
kingjh Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
kingjh wrote:
Guys show of hands who wants TRAVIS to schedule an asian tour??

They're going to Japan in Feb, so lets drum up huge support for them to come down to Singapore, Hong Kong etc as well!!

guys we need to really speak up! Fran, Andy, Dougie and Neil, if you happen to read this, please please do come down. I've followed you guys all the way from london to Singapore (my girlfriend and i met you at Singfest), and it would be a dream come true for everyone here in Asia for you guys to come back.
please do consider it.

guys, post your replies !!! you know we want them back

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 10:17 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Very well said mayfly. I agree. :)

And I hope you all get to see Travis soon. :)

Yea. I agree to some point of what mayfly said. People don't feel guilty of downloading music through internet, and rarely buy CD. I feel sorry for that.
But still, I do hope Travis come and play if the gig itself is making profit. Also, here in Asia, most people never get a chance to know Travis in their life, but when they come more often and be on TV more, it's gonna be the best way to promote their album, and increase Album sales.

carooney
carooney Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:34 PM Quote

TAIWAN =)

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:43 PM