Travis

Re: Ross and Brand
Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
The problem is that I make it clear when I'm being facetious/sarcastic/irreverent. You actually write like you believe every word. It's scary that people like you actually exist. How was the daily mail today?

I reckon I must've missed all your attempts at making your sarcasm clear - s'funny that. I just thought you acting as an arse was a full-time occupation, I didn't realise you were meaning to be facetious/sarcastic/irreverent. Thanks for the heads up.

Joe
Joe Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
How was the daily mail today?

A bit below the belt, there.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Anyway who cares, lets remind ourselves what this daughter looks like

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/27/article-0-0243A465000005DC-912_468x718.jpg

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:47 PM Quote
If you're so pig thick that you need everything spelt out for you then I'm surprised that switching on a computer doesn't totally outfox you, or does the lady in the library take away that pain for you?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:50 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
If you're so pig thick that you need everything spelt out for you then I'm surprised that switching on a computer doesn't totally outfox you, or does the lady in the library take away that pain for you?

... That really wasn't worth waiting for ...

p.s You seriously missed my sarcasm in the previous post. Shame on you.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 1:02 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Anyway who cares, lets remind ourselves what this daughter looks like

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/27/article-0-0243A465000005DC-912_468x718.jpg

A classy young lady there.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
This whole thing has spawned into a monster. That refers to both the Ross and Brand issue, and also the malevolance it has brought out in the forum!

One thing is probably true (assuming we can believe all press) Georgina Baillie did sleep with Russell Brand. She admits that:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/news.php?id=270991

Which kind of undermines the complaints.

But facebook petitions/ online petitions/ PM question time/ Headline news. It's enough!

I brought up the subject yesterday, when this was a relatively low key showbiz issue. Look at it now! Ridiculous.

Wonder who'll be presenting JR's show this week?!?!

dee
dee Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 2:53 PM Quote
http://heady.co.uk/b3ta/jonathan_ross_russell_brand.jpg

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
One thing I am sick to death of hearing about is how intelligent Russell Brand is, like that excuses him for being a dick. Not just in this matter, but since he's been a well know public figure.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:

I brought up the subject yesterday, when this was a relatively low key showbiz issue. Look at it now! Ridiculous.

A lot of those "complaints" to Ofcom will be people jumping on the bandwagon, obviously. But I think people are already concerned with the way so-called celebs are allowed to get away with this kind of thing.
Andrew Sachs wouldn't be the first person I'd think of to make a prank call to (alright, Brand slept with his grandaughter, if the rumours are true), but Andrew Sachs ... what's he ever done to anybody?

To put it into perspective, James Whale was sacked from TalkSport for talking about Boris Johnson in a favourable way during the London elections. This was an error of judgment which went out live, not pre-recorded - it slipped out, as things can on radio.
Ross and Brand made a series of vulgar phone call to an unsuspecting old man which was pre-recorded and was checked by various producers.
There should be a few more suspensions or sackings IMO.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
Hasnt Russell Brand slept with half of Britain?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
The first I heard of it was when the PM said it should be investigated, as a matter of importance... what a joke, surely there's more pressing matters for the government to deal with?!

I know! Surely there are more important things going on. World crisis, anyone?!

I'm just curious- how many of you guys actually listened to that show?

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I'm just curious- how many of you guys actually listened to that show?

I heard it.
And I've never before heard the sound of two careers being flushed down the toilet - that was the most satisfying thing I'd heard in years.

dee
dee Posted Wed 29 Oct, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
illwishing anybody is just vile even if the show was awfully misjudged.
to be honest it's been building up to this...the public gets what the public wants and all that.
ross and brand have been cheered for years for being irreverent so why does everybody turn on them all of a sudden?

i'm not a great fan of band wagon jumpers to be honest.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:49 PM