Re: 'unpopular' Travis songs you love
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:23 PM Quote
nice ad Luke!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
I think The Sea is a classic, it's brilliant. If Dear Diary and Broken Mirror are atmospheric then The Sea's on a different level totally, I love its bleakness and the way it kind of shimmers. Definitely one of my fave b-sides, so NEH-NEH-NEH-NEH-NEH. :)

The Great Unknown - for me - is completely forgettable along with a lot of the TBWNN era b-sides like This Love, You Bring Me Down, The Day To Day...

I've agreed with nearly everything you've ever posted my friend but I disagree with all of that. The Sea is dreadful. And TBWNN b-sides are all really good. Especially The Great Unknown. It's brilliant. You Bring Me Down is a popular b-side. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
Though it seems as if people like it. I must be as weird as Creepy McCreeperson then. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
You Bring Me Down is one of my favourite Travis songs ever! (I have like 80 favourite Travis songs, but it's a distinction anyway xD).

Oh, and I should say: popular songs that you dislike: Used To Belong. I don't like it at all.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 12:53 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Oh, and I should say: popular songs that you dislike: Used To Belong. I don't like it at all.

LOL You know the way I feel then with people liking The Sea. I'm like 'are we hearing the same song'. But it's funny because I think we both recognise why each other dislikes the song we dislike. I think you don't like the 'do do do do do' music on Used To Belong. LOL Is that right? And yet I think that sounds really great. :) It's seriously one of my favourite Travis songs. I mean, top 20. :) But they've done so many great songs I'd put loads as 'one of my favourites.'

Oh and I also really like You Bring Me Down. :)

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
You Bring Me Down is one of my favourite Travis songs ever! (I have like 80 favourite Travis songs, but it's a distinction anyway xD).

Bring me down is one of my favourites too! : ) I think they played it at the Astoria. Does anyone has that video or audio?

I think this thread is turning into "Which Travis songs do you love" : P

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 1:41 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I've agreed with nearly everything you've ever posted my friend but I disagree with all of that. The Sea is dreadful. And TBWNN b-sides are all really good. Especially The Great Unknown. It's brilliant. You Bring Me Down is a popular b-side. :)

haha. Ditto - but it would be really boring if we just agreed on everything. I really like The Sea.

The TBWNN era b-sides are alright. I just listened to 'You Bring Me Down' again and it's a lot better than I remember it being. But I just don't really go back to them very much. The difference in quality between a 'The Day To Day' - which sure is quite a good song - and Used to Belong or Sarah I just think is huge. Either of the latter two could easily have been on the album and I don't hand on heart think that can be said about many from the TBWNN lot.

Chances and My Last Chance are bloody good though. Forgot those. Shit. Way to undermine my own post at the last minute.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 2:11 PM Quote

I love 'You Bring Me Down' aswell :-D I really like 'Used To Belong' but to be honest the best of the new B-sides so far (apart from 'Lola') is 'Tail Of The Tiger'. I love that one, I think it should have been on the album.

EDIT: not forgetting 'Sarah' aswell that's another great one!

foodos
foodos Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
tail of the tiger is the best b-side for ever

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Tail Of The Tiger is really good. I don't think it's as strong as Used To Belong or Sarah (they are probably my top 2 b-sides after all) but it's better than Get Up. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

haha. Ditto - but it would be really boring if we just agreed on everything. I really like The Sea.

The TBWNN era b-sides are alright. I just listened to 'You Bring Me Down' again and it's a lot better than I remember it being. But I just don't really go back to them very much. The difference in quality between a 'The Day To Day' - which sure is quite a good song - and Used to Belong or Sarah I just think is huge. Either of the latter two could easily have been on the album and I don't hand on heart think that can be said about many from the TBWNN lot.

Chances and My Last Chance are bloody good though. Forgot those. Shit. Way to undermine my own post at the last minute.

So... you're starting to like TBWNN b-sides then? lol There are 6 original Travis songs. I think all 6 are possibly better than the last 6 on TBWNN itself. Out In Space onwards. :)

Chances, My Last Chance, The Great Unknown, This Love, The Day To Day, You Bring Me Down. :) I think all of those are really good. But maybe i'm weird. lol

foodos
foodos Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
i think,Ballad of J. Smith" and "Lock Me Up" will be good too

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Chances, My Last Chance, The Great Unknown, This Love, The Day To Day, You Bring Me Down. :) I think all of those are really good. But maybe i'm weird. lol

So I'm weird too... Love them all!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Tail Of The Tiger is really good. I don't think it's as strong as Used To Belong or Sarah (they are probably my top 2 b-sides after all) but it's better than Get Up. :)

haha you really don't like 'Get Up' do you hehe I really like 'Get Up', each to their own tho :-D it would be boring if we all liked the same songs. I've got to say I really like 'The Sea' reminds me abit of Elbow.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:59 PM