Travis

Re: Last film you saw
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 21 Feb, 2012 3:06 AM Quote
I remember we had to watch that when I was in 7th grade. We also called it Ben-Hurl. You can tell we were very mature junior high kids ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Feb, 2012 3:09 PM Quote
I am dreading having to watch that one.

Ok, last one I saw was Double Indemnity, 1944. Loved it! Highly recommended.
http://cdn2.fishpond.co.nz/9322225051058-crop-325x325.jpg
An insurance salesman helps a woman kill her husband and scam the insurance company. Lots of good 40's slang. Who would have thought Fred MacMurray could play such a sleazeball? Oh, and the guy who plays the voice of Piglet is in this one, too. Who would have thought Piglet would have 2 movies on the Top 100 list? Also one of the smokiest movies I've ever seen.

Included with the DVD was a 1973 made-for-TV version of the movie. Even though it retained almost the same script, it just didn't work, the actor was all wrong and it was HORRIBLE.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 21 Feb, 2012 3:54 PM Quote
yeah the my three sons guy was uber sleezy

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:47 PM Quote
http://smellslikescreenspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/salmon_fishing_in_the_yemen_ver2-460x682.jpg

I lurved it . Must be seen on the BIG screen . Saw a preview for another Emily Blunt vehicle about a woman and her boyfriend from SF moving to Detroit

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Apr, 2012 2:04 PM Quote
"Holiday" starring Cary Grant & Katharine Hepburn

I thought it was excellent. Not only a good romantic flick, but it was also a commentary on wealth, greed, and materialism. Wealth can be security, but it can also be a trap. Judging the movie from it's cover, I didn't think it was going to be very good, but I was pleasantly surprised!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 07 May, 2012 12:10 AM Quote
"Young Adult"

I haven't liked a movie so much since I don't even know how long ago. Diablo Cody is awesome, she's yet to write a screenplay I wouldn't love. I don't understand why her works aren't more popular (well, except for Juno, obviously). Also: new goal in life - don't turn out to be like Mavis Gary. I definitely saw glimpses of my reality there. Yikes. Although I wouldn't mind the looks.

Edit: Also, I watched "Martha Marcy May Marlene" - a very chilling movie about a cult. Elizabeth Olsen is AMAZING. She definitely has a new fan in me. 2 (recently made) films in a row I truly loved! Hasn't happened since about 2005! Ans so many extremely talented young classy actresses in Hollywood these days (Fannings, Olsens, Moretz, Steinfeld, Lawrence, Breslin)- which is a)very exciting b)finally!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 12 May, 2012 8:34 PM Quote
Historically inaccurate , the movies versions of Goya did not look like Goyas although it looks like they filmed in the Prado . I wanted to bail in the first 10 mins , fake mamma mia Spanish accent from Natalie Portman . There is a cool scene showing the etching process....ends with a montage of real Goyas

http://greatganesha.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/goyas_ghosts_poster.jpg

JoeBob says check it out

Saw THE FIVE YEAR ENGAGEMENT too a bit ago . I like Emily Blunt but does she always play these people with these super jobs ? Can't she like work in a store or as a bartender ?

San Francisco looks GREAT in it

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 13 May, 2012 4:00 PM Quote
The Woman in Black. It is super creepy (at least if you watch it alone in the dark at 1 am - I'm just smart like that, okay?!) but I can't vouch for it being scary under normal circumstances ;) Radcliffe is not too bad in it. Oh, and the most valuable car in the world (Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost) makes an appearance!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 May, 2012 11:14 PM Quote
Melancholia

It's brilliant and beautiful but don't watch it when you're feeling blue! Also, too bad Lars Von Trier's such a jerk.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 28 Jul, 2012 1:12 PM Quote
Terminator: Salvation

Was not a fan, I like the first two movies but after that it goes a bit shit. The plot in this one has gaping holes, how can the "terminator" be more advanced than the birth of the "Schwarzenneger" terminators, The stunts were also over the top in places to the point of giving away plot lines.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2012 3:43 PM Quote

I saw about half of Final Destination 3 last night. I now have a fear of rollercoasters, tanning salons and drive-thru restaurants. lol.

Terrible script, IMO ...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 29 Sep, 2012 12:02 AM Quote
LOOPER !!!! great ! And Emily Blunt doesn't play a person with a "cool job "

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2012 5:26 AM Quote
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/86/Posternotebook.jpg/220px-Posternotebook.jpg

So bad!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2012 9:46 PM Quote
I saw Looper too, and it was FANTASTIC! Joseph Gordon Levitt does a really impressive Bruce Willis :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:59 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/86/Posternotebook.jpg/220px-Posternotebook.jpg

So bad!

you have no soul

Pages Previous 1...78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:26 PM