Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Sun 14 Dec, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
It's not a film, actually but I did love it: BBC's Pride and Prejudice tv series, so beautiful, I fell in love with it *o*

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Sun 14 Dec, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
Milk and Frost Nixon which were both amazing films. I would recomend them.

TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:16 AM Quote
I was just watching I Am Legend on HBO (?) last night...didn't make it through the entire thing... was pretty good for what I saw though.

The whole part with his dog turning into a monster brought a tear to my eye, no lie.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 5:38 AM Quote
It was
Swing Girls a Japanese comedy.pretty hilarious!I'd recommend it!Only the japanese can execute such humour well=D

Vendonmore
Vendonmore Posted Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:
I'm 14 and I've not seen The Big Lebowski yet.

it's like a documentary for some people .

Hahaha briljant movie. If you like The Big Lebowski, you might like the 'My name is Earl'-series ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 1:28 AM Quote
Quantum of Solace.

I was quite impressed, Bond is a nasty bastard which they have revisited, (in the very first Bond film Sean kills a man in cold blood) I wasn't sure about the fight scenes, I know they have taken a knock from the Bourne films but guys emulate instead of blatantly copying, however great story (apart from the "Eiger Sanction" kill off). A great film for an hour and a half of pure mind candy.

Dubz

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 2:34 AM Quote
Isa_travis wrote:
It's not a film, actually but I did love it: BBC's Pride and Prejudice tv series, so beautiful, I fell in love with it *o*

Yay!! A P&P fan!! Loved it also : )

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 2:41 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Quantum of Solace.

I was quite impressed, Bond is a nasty bastard which they have revisited, (in the very first Bond film Sean kills a man in cold blood) I wasn't sure about the fight scenes, I know they have taken a knock from the Bourne films but guys emulate instead of blatantly copying, however great story (apart from the "Eiger Sanction" kill off). A great film for an hour and a half of pure mind candy.

Dubz

I saw it during the weekend. And I agree with you. It's different from the other Bond films and Craig seems to be human, as opposed to Brosnan's version. He gets all the punches, falls from buildings and after all these, he bleeds and seems to suffer! You feel for that guy. In the other ones, no matter how high the building is, when he lands, his hair and clothes look perfect! : P

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
just saw 'the boy in the striped pajamas' and 'four christmases' this weekend.

I want to see 'The boy in the striped pyjamas', loved the book. What did you think of the film Goosey?

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
The Day the Earth Stood Still remake with Keanue Reeves. I was pleasantly surprised, after it was panned by all the critics. I really enjoyed it and thought it had a good message, and relevant in these times!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
It was
Swing Girls a Japanese comedy.pretty hilarious!I'd recommend it!Only the japanese can execute such humour well=D

you may like this one then .

http://www.geraldpeary.com/reviews/abc/adrenaline_drive.jpg

th74
th74 Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
I just saw "Milk" and "The Bank Job", both of which I liked. Sean Penn was amazing in Milk. I highly recommend everyone see it.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 18 Dec, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
just saw 'the boy in the striped pajamas' and 'four christmases' this weekend.

I want to see 'The boy in the striped pyjamas', loved the book. What did you think of the film Goosey?

oh edel it was such a sad tale...a great film and i do recommend it but oh was i weeping!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
The Day the Earth Stood Still remake with Keanue Reeves. I was pleasantly surprised, after it was panned by all the critics. I really enjoyed it and thought it had a good message, and relevant in these times!!

It was Ok but they really screwed up the story, dropped stuff mentioned in the story , and the alien left it a bigger mess then it was before he showed up .Who's gotta clean up those bugs ?

Now this movie outside of a couple very minor complaints was really good . Don't expect a dirty harry type action flick .

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/jaythepirate628/GranTorino.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest

Really don't fucking bother it's utter shite, all the jokes are so badly set up you can see them coming a mile off, the storyline is convaluted, the character development is non-exsistant. the special effects are terrible for a big budget movie, the stunts are completely unbelievable(not in a good way). 2/10 for me

Escape to Victory

Ham acted, badly written... but a great film. Pure nonsence about 2nd World War and German propaganda but still entertaining, apart from the stadium crowd scenes, I could be wrong but I don't think people wore cagoules in 1940's occupied Paris ??

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:09 AM