Travis

Re: Last film you saw
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 27 Jun, 2011 2:24 PM Quote
mountain king.....the movie is a documentary . Apparently Norway has a troll problem . Breath taking scenery

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Jun, 2011 2:01 PM Quote
"Mr. Deeds Goes to Town" with Gary Cooper. Excellent movie. Top notch. Andrew, I'm guessing you've already seen it, but if not, I recommend it.

There was a remake made several years ago with Adam Sandler and Winona Rider. It was made out to be more of a farce.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 30 Jun, 2011 6:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
"Mr. Deeds Goes to Town" with Gary Cooper. Excellent movie. Top notch. Andrew, I'm guessing you've already seen it, but if not, I recommend it.

There was a remake made several years ago with Adam Sandler and Winona Rider. It was made out to be more of a farce.

I cant say that i've seen the original, i have however had the misfortune of seeing the Adam Sandler version.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 04 Jul, 2011 7:55 PM Quote
Not bad, a very English cast playing a load of Germans, not a bad storyline, pretty faithful to the actual events as I understand them, tho' historians and others may differ. Although I will say Eddie Izzard really should stick to stand up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yIvPatDJ238/S25nfq6R1uI/AAAAAAAAAbo/tPp3C2pCimU/s400/valkyrie_movie_poster_tom_cruise.jpg

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Jul, 2011 8:28 PM Quote
Last night I saw a movie with a lot of potential good things going for it.
1. It was filmed in Chicago. (And showed the outside of the art gallery that Don used to be in.)
2. It had hockey.
3. It was directed by Ron Howard.
4. I usually like Winona Ryder.

But oh, it was dreadful. Just awful. Do yourself a favor and don't see it.

http://i.movie.as/p/36754.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 04 Jul, 2011 9:03 PM Quote
Speaking of movies one shall NOT WATCH.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pBCNe8duFDA/TdNRokKErdI/AAAAAAAAEbc/yx0-oOsbH2w/s1600/age_of_heroes.jpg

It has Sean Bean. It has a Polish actress Iza Miko who's making a semi-career in Hollywood. It's about WW2 which I usually like. It's terrible!

I tend to wach the worst movies ever these days :/

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 04 Jul, 2011 11:28 PM Quote
He's Just Not That Into You

Ver yrubbishy pants....don't watch. I wasted half an hour of my life then turned it off!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:53 PM Quote
The Rebound.
Rubbish, of course, but now I've got another star crush. It's getting seriously pathetic, lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:01 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Very rubbishy pants

excellent

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 9:09 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
It has a Polish actress Iza Miko who's making a semi-career in Hollywood.

HA! The awful Save The Last Dance 2 was just on tv, and for some reason I decided to watch it. I kept thinking "there is no way that actress is American" while watching, and then just IMDB-ed it. It was Iza Miko.
Also, I didn't know until looking it up that she is actually playing the same character as Julia Stiles in the first. Perhaps had I seen the first hour of the movie, that would have been clearer. Or if I remembered that the character's name in the first was also Sara.

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 11:56 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
He's Just Not That Into You

Ver yrubbishy pants....don't watch. I wasted half an hour of my life then turned it off!

Hah, I watched that last night. Thought it was ok, sometimes I just need a film that doesnt require any form of brain activity. In general Im finding it harder nd harder to sit through films. Think Ive been infected by the kids with ADHD I work with ;0)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
It has a Polish actress Iza Miko who's making a semi-career in Hollywood.

HA! The awful Save The Last Dance 2 was just on tv, and for some reason I decided to watch it. I kept thinking "there is no way that actress is American" while watching, and then just IMDB-ed it. It was Iza Miko.
Also, I didn't know until looking it up that she is actually playing the same character as Julia Stiles in the first. Perhaps had I seen the first hour of the movie, that would have been clearer. Or if I remembered that the character's name in the first was also Sara.

Yup. She was in Coyote Ugly as well.

Lord_Conker
Lord_Conker Posted Tue 12 Jul, 2011 9:44 PM Quote
Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly

Old twisted British film. Not bad actually xd

mili
mili Posted Tue 12 Jul, 2011 10:04 PM Quote
Sparkle was just on TV. Ok for ironing background…
Quite liked Anthony Head in it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Jul, 2011 3:13 PM Quote
A Sherlock Holmes film, "Dressed to Kill." Pretty good, I guess. Entertaining at least. But either I don't have a head for solving mysteries or I don't pay close enough attention toward the end ('cause I'm gettin' sleepy) but I'm always left wondering how a key piece of the puzzle was solved.

Pages Previous 1...64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:04 AM