Travis

Re: America
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
why does it say there was a post at 1:44, 1:52 and THEN 1:24?

change to winter time?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:47 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
why does it say there was a post at 1:44, 1:52 and THEN 1:24?

BST - GMT the clocks have just gone back one hour. Wiki explanation

btw, I thought about driving a Harley Davidson Fat Boy from Chicago to LA a few years back.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:57 AM Quote
oooh right! ours used to be this weekend and then last year they changed it so that the change is the same as the US...so its at the begining of Nov.
im going to have to remember that for the next few weeks the board is 6 hours ahead instead of 5

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 2:48 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
oooh right! ours used to be this weekend and then last year they changed it so that the change is the same as the US...so its at the begining of Nov.
im going to have to remember that for the next few weeks the board is 6 hours ahead instead of 5

Really? Because my clock is 5 hours ahead instead of 6...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 2:49 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

btw, I thought about driving a Harley Davidson Fat Boy from Chicago to LA a few years back.

Dubz

kiss your kidneys goodbye

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 6:17 AM Quote
I would recommend the west coast drive. You could hit Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Monterey, LA, San Diego. If you do decide to do that I can recommend with more specific details some great places (and some places to avoid) in Oregon and Northern California to get a taste of nature if that is your sort of thing. There is nothing else like the redwoods.

The Grand Canyon is on my list as well. I've never been, but I'm sure it is amazing.

I'm sure New York and Washington DC would be fun. Or any east coast places if you're into history. I really only know specifics about California though so if you end up out here I'd be happy to give you more information. Good luck planning and have fun!

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 8:46 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Arizona was nice too, we went for the spa, but I was more excited about Taliesin West. :)

I love Arizona (and Scottsdale) but Taliesin West? Well if you are not interested in architecture Uncle Frank's Taliesin West may not have an appeal. Sedona near by is an interesting site though--and it is on the way to Grand Canyon (also Hoover Dam). And Grand Canyon! One of the most impressive sites I have ever been to. Also Monument Valley is very cool! I felt like starting smoking and I never smoked:) You are definitely going to New York, right? Do not miss it. LA, I do not care for, but San Francisco is one of my favorites--with many great sites to visit nearby. And for food and music experience consider New Orleans:) It is finally coming together after the hurricane. This is a crazy itenarary, sorry for the mess.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 9:18 AM Quote
Hehe, yeah, I'm kind of an Art geek, so I loved it! They had the most awesome chairs there. :D We took a tour that went through Sedona too. It was pretty cool. We stopped at Montezuma Castle on the way there.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Really? Because my clock is 5 hours ahead instead of 6...

oh ya, it is now 4 instead of 5. went the wrong way, lol

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
I agree with the west coast drive and the Grand Canyon. Its way bigger than you would ever think it is.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
The canyon is also interesting to see at different times of the day. Sunrise, sunset, etc. I was surprised by how "natural" everything still is. There aren't guard rails everywhere. If you go when it's dark...it's DARK, so bring a flashlight. It was cool to look into the canyon and see the little dots of campfires here and there. Read about it before you go so you'll be prepared.

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:18 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
My vote would be west coast drive. Maybe start in Vancouver and work your way down through Seattle, Portland, San Fran... and on and on.

I agree! Seeing natural wonders like the Grand Canyon would be nice..You could also stop by Las Vegas nearby for a little bit of fun (it's not exactly my cup of tea, but hey, going there once couldn't really hurt.) I went to the Grand Canyon for two days and 1 night, and honestly that was enough of it for me! Be careful when you hike! Don't be a fool and jump along the edges...It's very easy to faint/get tired before you realize it. I've been to Las Vegas more times than I can count....all while be underage to drink/gamble. If you can do both, I'm sure you'll have fun. But I think it's a bit pricey and soul-less... ALTHOUGH, I DID see Bill Clinton in a hotel once!!!!

I would never tell you to drive through the Mid-west though. I mean, old cowboy movies or family vacation movies through the middle of nowhere can be entertaining and maybe even exciting..on FILM, but I can't guarantee a good time driving through the middle of nowhere.

I am biased probably because I live on the west coast! I've visited San Fran twice and I loved it! So I would definitely agree that you should consider going up and down the coast. or maybe just going down the coast and then down through the south kinda? Maybe you could even end up in New Orleans and get some awesome food in you!!! (Not that I've ever been there, but I love food so yeah... )

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

kiss your kidneys goodbye

??? Drink? Bike? or just dodgy black market dealers "wake up in a Motel room bath full of ice with one kidney" ??

Dubz

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
Travis Airways Travel Agency good morning !
What can i do for you ?

mili
mili Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Travis Airways Travel Agency good morning !
What can i do for you ?

Lol, I had a dream last night where Travis landed in their own little green (!) plane. It was very cool. Later I had a chat with Fran about old photographs and fonts, but that's another story.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:49 AM