Travis

America
Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
I'm planning a trip there next year, probably for 3 weeks, and I'm looking for every single one of you that reads this, if you've been there, tell me one thing I should see or do if I see or do nothing else. It's gonna be the holiday of a lifetime, so just truly special things.

Ok.......GO.

Re: America
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:57 AM Quote

Some friends visting are doing this ,

rented a car and drove down highway along the Pacific coast from the Oregon border , a several day trip . After spending 24 hrs in LA they are now driving through the Southwest while on their way to Denver. Then from there fly back home to Italy .

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Some friends visting are doing this ,

rented a car and drove down highway along the Pacific coast from the Oregon border , a several day trip . After spending 24 hrs in LA they are now driving through the Southwest while on their way to Denver. Then from there fly back home to Italy .

Oooh traveling down the west coast would be awesome! Even if you didn't come down from Oregon, you could even start in San Francisco and end in San Diego. San Francisco is soooo much fun and there is so much to do there. I would go there for sure. You could even visit the Redwood Forest. New York City is incredible too, but that is clear on the other side of the country. What time of year are you going do you think? Also, I'm partial of course, but Moab, UT is amazing too...Arches National Park and of course the Grand Canyon.

Here is a pic of arches...

http://i36.tinypic.com/htbupk.jpg

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 2:12 AM Quote
What time of year are you planning on? (this influences my answers)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 5:00 AM Quote
A.B.C.

:)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
1. Grand Canyon - no place else like it on earth. Staying in Arizona, Monument Valley is very cool.

2. Redwood Forest - haven't been, but it's on my list.

3. Yosemite or Yellowstone National Parks.

4. On the other side of the country, but Niagara Falls.

5. Disney World or Disney Land - you can take only so much natural beauty, this is just fun. Expensive fun, but fun.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Double bastard post.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Probably late summer/early autumn, if that helps!

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

2. Redwood Forest - haven't been, but it's on my list.

3. Yosemite

I concurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
Es are you going to drive the whole time or fly from place to place and rent a car when you need one?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:10 AM Quote
I wanted to drive as much as possible, and really see the country rather than fly all over the place.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
Well my favorite trip was:

Black Hills/Badlands/Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Deadwood - South Dakota (And Wall Drug Store...might as well for the free bumper sticker ;))

Devils Tower - Wyoming

Arizona was nice too, we went for the spa, but I was more excited about Taliesin West. :)

Bryn
Bryn Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:52 AM Quote
I think Mount Rushmore is pretty impressive. It's kind of a drive to get there though, although the Badlands are cool to drive through. You could do the Route 66 thing. I'd also agree with the California coast/Highway 1 idea, that's a gorgeous drive.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
My vote would be west coast drive. Maybe start in Vancouver and work your way down through Seattle, Portland, San Fran... and on and on.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 1:39 AM Quote
why does it say there was a post at 1:44, 1:52 and THEN 1:24?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:59 AM