Travis

Re: Paperclips
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
The 12M fans are coming out of the woodwork.

It's one of my favourite Travis albums :-D

That's great. :) Sadly I don't remember this many positive stuff at the time the album was released. It's nice that with a little time, some have realised how strong a record it is.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
It is a great album. :) Still my 5th favourite Travis album though.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 10:44 PM Quote
12 Memories has been my favourite Travis album for over a year now :o)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
leticia wrote:
I've been listening to 12 memories recently too.I think it's a great album.

My favourites are Somewhere Else and Love Will Come Through...

high five!!my faves are somewhere else and LWCT TOO!!but its a superb album with great lovely songs paperclips always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside=D

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 10:02 AM Quote
It's the "Broken Mirror" of 12 Memories...which I both adore..

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:

high five!!my faves are somewhere else and LWCT TOO!!but its a superb album with great lovely songs paperclips always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside=D

: )

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:

I concur!

(hope someone still gets the 'i concur' joke these days...?)

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
it's indeed funny to see so much positive posts about 12M, it used to be always the least favorite albums on all those posts entitled 'which one is your favorite Travis album'...in the old days (if i may say). Actually I was thinking through listening to Ode that I can see Goodfeeling ==> 12M ==> Ode as chapters of the same book somehow when the other albums stand for themselves in my mind/ears...makes any sense?

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
I'd say Paperclips is one of the most interesting songs on 12 Memories. It's not a favourite of mine, but it's well crafted and meaningful. It oozes with atmosphere. Not keen on the weird dog whinging bit, and think it's probably 5-10% TOO slow, which takes away from what's actually a pretty nice melody. Having listened to it again, it definitely has more going for it that you'd think to look at threads on here (aside from this one ofcourse!)

12 Memories is easily my least favourite Travis album however. Too many of the songs I find really throwaway and the likes of Mid Life Krysis/Somewhere Else/How Many Hearts/Happy to Hang Around just kind of blend into one somehow. And I can't stand Peace the **** Out or The Beautiful Occupation.

Have developed a real appreciation of Walking Down The Hill, though. I like how that ends 12M then 'Walking in the Sun' was the next song along, which seems somehow linked only a lot cheerier, like the end of an era and the start of the next. Or something.

paulo
paulo Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
I'd say Paperclips is one of the most interesting songs on 12 Memories. It's not a favourite of mine, but it's well crafted and meaningful. It oozes with atmosphere. Not keen on the weird dog whinging bit, and think it's probably 5-10% TOO slow, which takes away from what's actually a pretty nice melody. Having listened to it again, it definitely has more going for it that you'd think to look at threads on here (aside from this one ofcourse!)

12 Memories is easily my least favourite Travis album however. Too many of the songs I find really throwaway and the likes of Mid Life Krysis/Somewhere Else/How Many Hearts/Happy to Hang Around just kind of blend into one somehow. And I can't stand Peace the **** Out or The Beautiful Occupation.

Have developed a real appreciation of Walking Down The Hill, though. I like how that ends 12M then 'Walking in the Sun' was the next song along, which seems somehow linked only a lot cheerier, like the end of an era and the start of the next. Or something.

You've got to be kidding?The beautiful occupation and peace the fuck out are 2 of the best songs on the album man!

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
12M has always been a good album 2me, re-offender is 1of the bands best tracks!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
paulo wrote:
You've got to be kidding?The beautiful occupation and peace the fuck out are 2 of the best songs on the album man!

nah, personal opinion is that TBO's the weakests Travis single ever. And Peace the F*ck Out I've never liked.

That said, I love the acoustic version of TBO, strangely.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
it's probably 5-10% TOO slow

I've always thought this and believe this held it back from being really amazing. Also, I agree with the post about it being about his dad.

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:

It's one of my favourite Travis albums :-D

Mine too.
I love Somwhere Else, Quicksand and Mid-Life Crisis.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:19 AM