Travis

Fran - Songbook, back on TV
momentslast
momentslast Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
Hi Everyone

A couple of months back, Sky 3 (in the UK) showed a programme called 'Songbook', featuring Fran. Like a few other boardies, I only caught the last 10 minutes of it, which was a shame as it looked brilliant.

After a quick search I found it was recorded for the Sky Arts channel, and at long last it's being repeated on 'Sky Arts 1' channel, on the 29th of October(08) at 8pm, don't miss it this time (next wednesday).

If, like me your mega poor and can't afford such luxuries as Sky TV, then find a family or friend who does, and then grovel nicely so they will record it for you (I have), lol.

If you miss it here's a useful link to a great website which will let you know when it's back on TV again, unfortunatly it only shows programmes for the UK, USA, and the Republic of Ireland...sorry the rest of the world!Check it out, and enjoy

Dave x

Re: Fran - Songbook, back on TV
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
It's a must to be seen, if you can, I agree. But I came away with mixed feelings after watching it last time. See what the boardies who see it for the first time have to say after this broadcast.

And thanks for bringing it to attention. Shouldn't you be changing a nappy or something? ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
can't someone make a digital copy of it?....

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Yes, it was brilliant. Really interesting and nice songs from Fran. :) For people able to watch this, I definitely recommend watching it. :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
I shadow what Nell said. If anyone can record this for us non-sky customers and post it up on youtube that would be really great. Pretty please I'm dying to see this!

momentslast
momentslast Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
It's a must to be seen, if you can, I agree. But I came away with mixed feelings after watching it last time. See what the boardies who see it for the first time have to say after this broadcast.

And thanks for bringing it to attention. Shouldn't you be changing a nappy or something? ;)

I only caught the last 10 minutes of this programme, and I can't wait to see the whole show, but now I'm a bit wary now that you said you had mixed feelings afterwards.

Lol at the nappy remark, I now live and breath dirty nappys, and sleepless nights. Ahh life is so good right now!

momentslast
momentslast Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
can't someone make a digital copy of it?....

thehitcher wrote:
I shadow what Nell said. If anyone can record this for us non-sky customers and post it up on youtube that would be really great. Pretty please I'm dying to see this!

I'm getting a copy on dvd, the show is an hour long, so think it will be to long to post on youtube, plus I read a few months back that youtube have been clamping down on copyright material, ask around I'm sure someone will record it for you.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
http://ladjin.cafe24.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=Video&page=1&no=158

Download all 5 parts and then open as a whole.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
Thanks Ben I'll download that tomorrow when I get home from work! :-D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 1:55 AM Quote
Oh don't thank me, all i did was put the link in. :) I downloaded it from there a few weeks ago. Great quality. I saw it on TV a few months ago but it was great to see it again.

momentslast
momentslast Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 10:05 PM Quote
Hi Ben

Thanks for the link to this great site, being fairly new on here I'd had not seen this site before.

Although I'm having the show recorded for me onto dvd, it's nice to know it's there to download if I need to, plus there's loads of other great stuff on there too.

Thanks again.. Dave

paulo
paulo Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
I've downloaded the files but I'm only getting the audio no video.Anyone else getting the same?

willianrm
willianrm Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 3:20 AM Quote
Probably you'll need some codecs...

paulo
paulo Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 10:01 AM Quote
It's an avi file.Windows media player normaly plays them.

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
I've watched it with vlc. no probs anymore...

but there's another file there. It's an interview with Travis in Hamburg. There are 2 files, in the wmv.format (?).
Ok. Windows says it doesn't recognise this kind of file, and my vlc won't play any sound to the pictures.
So I downloaded ASF - converter to convert it into an .avi file...but even here it's not working. ....help? was anybody actually able to watch that interview?

lg
Nora

ps: the interview is to be found on the 3rd page of this video - side..

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:12 AM