Travis

My dad gives Ode two thumbs up ;)
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
Both of my parents like Travis a lot and know they’re a great band, but my mom keeps more up to date on their music than my dad. However, last night my dad found my copy of Ode in the computer room and came up to me and asked “J. Smith? Is this new?” haha, so I explained the whole thing to him and told him he could borrow it since I’ve already got the songs programmed into my car radio. I got a call a few minutes ago from him at work and he was like “Nikki, I’m just calling to tell you I’ve already listened to the first four song on my way to work and it’s REALLY good.” YAY! I told him about how they recorded the album and he was even more impressed and told him he’s gotta listen to the rest of it on his way home because every song is great. Can’t wait to hear which are his favorites. My dad is 61 years old. I love that Travis' music can reach any age group...and people from all walks of life, really. :)

Re: My dad gives Ode two thumbs up ;)
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
Aaah that's great - cool parents you've got Nikki!
I went to a jewellery party (!) yesterday and the woman who demonstrated the stuff started talking to me about music. She asked me who I'd seen in concert when I went to London so I explained all about the fantastic Astoria gig and...... it turns out she's a huge Travis fan too ( very rare finding people who have bought the new album here in France and she's got heres and is LOVING it!!!)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Nikki, your parents are way cooler than mine!

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
hey! new guy here 1st time posting a mesage, j.smith is amazing! usually bands go bad after 2or3 albums but not this one, this album is almost as good as the man who,i got into travis when my dad bought their 1st album and have been a fan ever since. gave ma dad the album as well and he loved it2

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
Deebee, don't you just love randomly meeting other Travis fans? It's only happened to me a few times. Usually I'm the one converting everyone, lol!

Turner, Welcome to the board. :O)

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Deebee, don't you just love randomly meeting other Travis fans? It's only happened to me a few times. Usually I'm the one converting everyone, lol!

It's never happened to me! Nikki, your parents rock.
Welcome Turner!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Are they coming with us to the American Boardie Convention as well?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Are they coming with us to the American Boardie Convention as well?

Hehe. Doubt it. My dad hasn't been to a concert in ages. He'd probably say something like "been there, done that" to me if I asked. My mom would probably have a blast, but for some reason I think it'd be a bit much for her...like too loud or something, lol.

Weeee! I can't wait to see them live!!!!!!!! Kayte, we're gonna have so much FUN! :D

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
thanks for the welcome folks, as you can probably tell i'm shy and didn't kno what to say. got to admit there are sum good debates on here tho, the people sayin the new album isnt as good as previous ones aren't true fans, just listen to the music!

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
thanks for the welcome folks, as you can probably tell i'm shy and didn't kno what to say. got to admit there are sum good debates on here tho, the people sayin the new album isnt as good as previous ones aren't true fans, just listen to the music!

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
thanx for the welcome. n randomers are fun n yer no the only one trying to convert people, been doin it for years. whats the deal wae these people slaggin the new album? can't they just listen to the music

turner150990
turner150990 Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 1:11 AM Quote
as you can probably tell ma computer crashed several time. sorry for awl the messages bein tha same

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:51 AM Quote
No problem. It happens to all of us. :P

So my Dad just got home from work and walked through the door singing "You gotta get up! You gotta get up!" LOL! Awww. :) He said he thinks it's a really good album. He loves "Get Up" and "the first one and last one a LOT" He said he wants to listen to it again tomorrow. hehe. I think I've created a full fledged fan.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

So my Dad just got home from work and walked through the door singing "You gotta get up! You gotta get up!" LOL! Awww. :) He said he thinks it's a really good album. He loves "Get Up" and "the first one and last one a LOT" He said he wants to listen to it again tomorrow. hehe. I think I've created a full fledged fan.

Your dad is so cool! I wish mine were like that ahahaha.

And welcome to the board Turner! Double-posts happen about every other day here, lol.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:02 AM Quote
Cool Dad Nikki. Just like his daughter. ;) lol

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:26 PM