Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im donating blood today for the first time. Must remember to drink lots of water today.

And eat. You have to eat. I donated blood once and I couldn't get up for 2 hours. Every time I tried, everything would go black and I'd start to pass out. I don't think I had enough to eat before the donation. I was sick the rest of the day. The embarrassing thing was, I donated at work, so all my co-workers saw me.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Im donating blood today for the first time. Must remember to drink lots of water today.

And eat. You have to eat. I donated blood once and I couldn't get up for 2 hours. Every time I tried, everything would go black and I'd start to pass out. I don't think I had enough to eat before the donation. I was sick the rest of the day. The embarrassing thing was, I donated at work, so all my co-workers saw me.

thank you turtle mummy. I am eating oatmeal right now, which is a big step because I never eat breakfast. And I have lunch on me and will grab a bagel or something on the way there (it's at 6, so i dont have time for dinner between work and the appointment)

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
I really don't feel like a 24 year old.. I feel younger. More like 20 maybe http://forum.v-man.dk/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif It's terrible. That's the worst part about birthdays.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Maria!!

I know what you mean, I wish I could turn back time and be 17 forever... Though I don't feel like a teenager anymore, I don't feel like a grown up either... it's pathetic!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 4:59 PM Quote
Mmusse wrote:
I really don't feel like a 24 year old.. I feel younger. More like 20 maybe http://forum.v-man.dk/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif It's terrible. That's the worst part about birthdays.

Nah, that's not terrible! :D It's good to feel young! Happy Birthday, by the way!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

.......... and will grab a bagel or something on the way there (it's at 6, so i dont have time for dinner between work and the appointment)

with a soda ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:24 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

.......... and will grab a bagel or something on the way there (it's at 6, so i dont have time for dinner between work and the appointment)

with a soda ?

A- it's pop
B- I don't think ive ever eaten a bagel with a pop in my life. That sounds like an odd combo.

Im excited about the post blood donation baked good!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
It's very important that you have a good breakfast. I've donated blood three times and the first two they almost didn't let me do it because my blood pressure was too low, even though I had had breakfast. I had to eat three packets of sugar in a very small cup of tea (disgusting).
The third time I had chocolate milk, cereals and an alfajor for breakfast and everything went fine :oP.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

with a soda ?

A- it's pop
B- I don't think ive ever eaten a bagel with a pop in my life. That sounds like an odd combo.

Im excited about the post blood donation baked good!

a peanut butter garlic bagle with a soda is one of lifes treats , you got someone to drive you home ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
you got someone to drive you home ?

This is actually something to think about, Kristy, since you don't know how you'll react. Are you going with a donation buddy?

I gave blood on my lunch hour and since I was so sick after (even 2 hours later) that they told me to go home. The thing was, I was in no shape to drive. I'd have passed out behind the wheel. I just sat there with my head on the desk for the rest of the day.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:37 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
you got someone to drive you home ?

This is actually something to think about, Kristy, since you don't know how you'll react. Are you going with a donation buddy?

I gave blood on my lunch hour and since I was so sick after (even 2 hours later) that they told me to go home. The thing was, I was in no shape to drive. I'd have passed out behind the wheel. I just sat there with my head on the desk for the rest of the day.

Im going with someone but we are driving seperately. I will wait until I am feeling okay to go.

Ric, that sounds disgusting!

either: everything bagel, not toasted with light cream cheese, or everything bagel toasted with butter. Oh the joys of being single. I can eat as much garlicy stuff as I like.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

either: everything bagel, not toasted with light cream cheese, or everything bagel toasted with butter. Oh the joys of being single. I can eat as much garlicy stuff as I like.

nope it's like thai food ,kinda

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XwlhQZsSxN8/SiSMhEkQk2I/AAAAAAAAGUY/gZi-Fqi2tFk/s400/020.JPG

well good for you donating blood . now those gravy laced fries gross me out i gotta admit

http://mishkanyc.com/bloglin/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/poutine.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 5:51 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

nope it's like thai food ,kinda

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XwlhQZsSxN8/SiSMhEkQk2I/AAAAAAAAGUY/gZi-Fqi2tFk/s400/020.JPG

well good for you donating blood . now those gravy laced fries gross me out i gotta admit

You cant pass of a weird bagel as Thai! lol.

oooh, i could go for some poutine.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
One of the shows my theatre is putting on this year is the Diary of Anne Frank. Ive been trying to arrange guest speakers to do talk backs after the show. A 15 minute conversation with a Holocaust survivor has left me teary eyed. He didnt even say that much, but hearing a human being very briefly talk about what he went through as a 13 year old boy has left me broken hearted.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 7:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
One of the shows my theatre is putting on this year is the Diary of Anne Frank. Ive been trying to arrange guest speakers to do talk backs after the show. A 15 minute conversation with a Holocaust survivor has left me teary eyed. He didnt even say that much, but hearing a human being very briefly talk about what he went through as a 13 year old boy has left me broken hearted.

Talking with genocide survivors about what they've been through makes you feel terrible anguish. Well, at least it makes me feel that way. Oddly, the survivors I've talked to also conveyed this feeling of strength and never giving up, always remembering and fighting so nobody else has to experience what they had to. Each time, I felt so proud and honoured of them.

Pages Previous 1...90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:53 AM