Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 8:06 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Oh Juli I dont know. Im pretty damn pathetic.
I dont think we have rules lined out about liking being single. I mean, i dont HATE it. I dont NEED a guy (I have Independant Woman in my head now), but I dont want to be sitting at the singles table at weddings all my life either.
P.S-You should know that you dont become a spinster until you are 53.5 years old.

I agree with you Kristy.
I'm curious, why 53.5?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 8:13 PM Quote
Did we have a specific reason, Lilly? I think we were trying to think of what age it is officially pathetic to be single. And because it is us and we arent normal (does that explain the singleness?) it couldnt just be a round number. So...53.5 it is!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 8:17 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Did we have a specific reason, Lilly? I think we were trying to think of what age it is officially pathetic to be single. And because it is us and we arent normal (does that explain the singleness?) it couldnt just be a round number. So...53.5 it is!

Ok. So it's around 30.7 years until I become a real spinster.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 8:54 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

And I think I win for most pathetic singleness.

And why is that?

minnmess wrote:
I dont want to be sitting at the singles table at weddings all my life either.

Which reminds me: I need a date for my best friends' wedding in June 2010 (lol).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

And I think I win for most pathetic singleness.

And why is that?

I'm trying to get over the sads, so I'm going to avoid rehashing the patheticness of my existance on the board. You will just have to take my word for it. It's pretty grim.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Lilly, should we have some sort of application process? You have to be at a certain level of pathetic singleness to join.

Hm, I'm not sure if the magic of the spinsterhood works that way - I don't know how you become a spinster. I just know I WILL become one at the age of 53 2/3 (I think it was me who had to be 53 2/3 and you were 51 and something, or something... oh god, my head hurts already - I can't do maths!!)

Hm, but I think to become a real spinster you must have reached a very high level of patheticness (incl. feeling left out & thinking you are being looked over all the time, having friends who forget about you again and again, believing in the concept of a fairy godmother who never turns up and being very very sure that no one will ever marry you)...
and I think to join our lifestyle, you should love leprechauns and owlies, believe in magic and in the power of travelling, and like the colour green, and they should also be obsessed with something (like hockey [players], harry potter, or cloud watching).

And one thing is very important: you have to be very steadfast ;) - we will invite all kinds of hunky hockey players and musicians, but you can never ever choose them over spinsterness.

As I said, I only THINK these might be the rules...

Hm... But I think we will invite boardies over all the time anyway (won't we?), so maybe you could even get married and still have a bit of a spinster life?!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:28 PM Quote
that was a fantastic breakdown of the spinster lifestyle!
And they will never guess which one of us is obsessed with Harry Potter, and which on is obsessed with hockey players!
Right, you cant pick them over spinsterness though. HOWEVER you are allowed to romantically skate hand in hand with them on an outdoor ice rink. And then they will break your heart and you will be crushed and brought back to the reality that is spinsterness. But don't worry, there is a leprechaun there, and you can cry on his shoulder.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:34 PM Quote
You girls are amazingly amusing! Whoops, I don't like green :(.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

hm... not being normal and singleness... no. no no no, no connection, I'm sure, I know loooooots of people who are BEYOND not-normal and they all seem to find their Jack/Jill... on the OTHER hand, MAYBE I should stop forwarding marriage proposals from friends to complete strangers... maybe that's a wee bit over the top...

is it 53.5? okay then. erm. me or you? oh god. no. no maths.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
that was a fantastic breakdown of the spinster lifestyle!
And they will never guess which one of us is obsessed with Harry Potter, and which on is obsessed with hockey players!
Right, you cant pick them over spinsterness though. HOWEVER you are allowed to romantically skate hand in hand with them on an outdoor ice rink. And then they will break your heart and you will be crushed and brought back to the reality that is spinsterness. But don't worry, there is a leprechaun there, and you can cry on his shoulder.

Exactly.
(I'm sitting here at my desk, clapping my hands together laughing - I think my neighbour will now officially declare me "completely bonkers")

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
ya, i didnt know that we had to like green. I thought the leprechaun just liked green?
I cant remember how teh age thing worked either, Lilly. I dont know if we reach spinsterhood at the same AGE or at different aged but the same DATE.
Maybe it should be age. Seeing as we are spinsters, we dont often have to deal with dates :s

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:54 PM Quote
hm, I just remembered we wanted to paint a kitchen green... so I figured liking the colour would be a great plus.hm
you're right, Kristy, it should be the age. But then I'll be a spinster long before you become one - what will I do ALONE all the time? Or can I start recruiting (ahem - male - ahem) visitors? ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
hm, I just remembered we wanted to paint a kitchen green... so I figured liking the colour would be a great plus.hm
you're right, Kristy, it should be the age. But then I'll be a spinster long before you become one - what will I do ALONE all the time? Or can I start recruiting (ahem - male - ahem) visitors? ;)

oh you might be right about the green kitchen. Im cool with that. And Leprechaun will love it (should he have a name?)
Perhaps you can spend that alone spinster time painting the kitchen, naming the leprechaun, and yes of course, recruiting male visitors.
I guess first you will have to interview leprechauns to make sure you get the right one for the job. He has to be a good listener, willing to fly anywhere, tell us we are pretty (even first thing in the morning...although can spinsters just sleep in? Where do we have to go? NOWHERE!), laugh at our lame attempt at jokes, hand us chocolate, and if he could do our taxes, that would be great too.
You will be SO busy doing all of that!

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:

oh you might be right about the green kitchen. Im cool with that. And Leprechaun will love it (should he have a name?)
Perhaps you can spend that alone spinster time painting the kitchen, naming the leprechaun, and yes of course, recruiting male visitors.
I guess first you will have to interview leprechauns to make sure you get the right one for the job. He has to be a good listener, willing to fly anywhere, tell us we are pretty (even first thing in the morning...although can spinsters just sleep in? Where do we have to go? NOWHERE!), laugh at our lame attempt at jokes, hand us chocolate, and if he could do our taxes, that would be great too.
You will be SO busy doing all of that!

Weee, I love painting rooms!! I could also try painting some vintage owls on some walls. Aaw, you let me pick the leprechaun? :) Of course he can do our taxes, he's a leprechaun, he can do practically (magically) everything!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
Leprechauns aren't like choosing puppies from a cardboard box. He'll have a name already that his mother gave him.

Kristy can knit him adorable clothes.

Pages Previous 1...55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:56 AM