Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 6:35 PM Quote
Thank you for the nice (yet not true) words, ladies. It's really comforting to know that on the self-pity days I can come here and all the right words will be said.
Although by the age of 23 I should have got used to some things already.

Anyway, remember that episode of 'Ugly Betty' when Amanda said she hates feelings? I definitely agree.

Edit: Oh oh, Kristy! The site with your Canadian photo has been denying the access since yesterday, I don't know why? Is it happening only to me?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 6:47 PM Quote
Meg, I agree with the others, of course!

by the way, that's happening to me too on Kristy's site. I've had to retrieve and then change my password several times.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 6:54 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Today I came to the conlcusion that I am useless, ugly, fat and stupid. Thank you.

false deary.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 30 Nov, 2009 7:34 PM Quote
Sorry it is giving you guys trouble! I'm not sure why, it's been fine for me.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 12:17 AM Quote
learned of a phenom called twilight moms

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 01 Dec, 2009 8:43 PM Quote

I faced the day today thinking that I was going to buy Jamie Cullum's new CD when I left work. I was so happy! It's been ages since I last bought a CD, so I wanted to check the price online, thinking that it'd be pretty much the same as always (which is quite a lot). But I just saw that the price of CDs is EXORBITANT now. They set the prices as if these items were imported, when they're made in Argentina. They've been doing this for quite some time, but now prices are even higher! CDs cost like 30% more... That's A LOT!!!! It's too selfevident that they are way overpriced, because inflation does not explain this at all. Thieves. That's what they are.
And then record companies complain about illegal downloads. WTF?!?!?! Who the hell can afford this?!?!

I really want this CD, but I'm so angry and I feel they're stealing my money... I don't know if I'm going to buy it.

I HATE YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE THAT DECIDES THE PRICE OF CDs!!! Have fun in your billion dollar mansion. You're an ass.

yurieee
yurieee Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 4:32 AM Quote
I don't know whereelse to go to get this thing out of my chest.
I'm a regular in here but not usualy post just read...
I think my life lately is not happy AT ALL.
I've been working as an accountant in a boring but big and quite secure company.
At work,I used to flock with some people but they started to act like ass
so i thought i'd better be alone than being with them. But it turns out to be very very lonely.

I'm not happy and i've been thinking hard what is the cause of this problem and how to solve it...
I think for now the only way out is me quitting this job..Or it's just that i need someone to talk to?, i don't know.
Moreover, going to work and working is exhausting
It takes me approximately 2 hours to go to work and anohter 2 hours back home.
I spent 9 to 10 hours working(not including 1 hr, lunch break) This make me become more and more like a robot.
I'm tired, and dying everyday.
IT's okay for me to be unemployed but i'm just not dare enough to tell my boss ,she's always kind to me.
Oh one more thing, i want to find the job that i like..kind of looking forward to waking up and go to work...

well, end of my moaning..
I think i'll find the answer soon...but soon enough that's what i hope. T T

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
Im having a super floaty wonderful day, but given that it is not even 10am, im concerned it will get off tracks, but...

besides my lovely suprise present from Lilly, and making it to the final of that photo contest, I had a photo published in a NATIONAL NEWSPAPER!!! eeeeks. I have it in my hands, but here is the online version...
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/a-tale-of-two-christmases/article1384510/ (mine is the bottom one)

and the Hamilton Spectator, a local daily published 4 of my photos on saturday, and another today!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If anyone ruins my mood I will throw a shoe at them. Today's are very high and Im sure would cause some pain. Be warned :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 2:56 PM Quote
The weather is amazing today: it's freezing but also very sunny and everything is white and oh so pretty. How I love you, Denmark on days like this! Also, I'm almost finished with my uni project- only a few more hours and we're done. Oh, and I just woke up from a 3-hours long nap. Aaand I'm seeing The Raveonettes tomorrow!

So the world's not SO bad today. As of yet.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 3:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Hey megg, both of us have issues.
"here are all the things that are good...but Im sure something wrong will happen" is the synopsis of both of our posts.

I have a button on my shoes and a bow on my shirt. That makes things 2 degrees better than my original post let on.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 3:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Hey megg, both of us have issues.
"here are all the things that are good...but Im sure something wrong will happen" is the synopsis of both of our posts.

Haha, I know! I think I forgot to take my optimism with me when I left Poland. Maybe I should bring it here after Christmas after all.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 3:31 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Yep. 20 minutes later the universe reminded me that it doesn't like me.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 3:36 PM Quote
Yurieee: Get another job. Your boss will understand it is nothing personal against her. You could even tell her she's the reason you stayed this long.
You're too young to be traveling 4 hours and working 12. That's nuts. If you were 45 and had 3 kids and a mortgage it would be different. Don't get yourself stuck in a situation like that. The stress will slowly kill you, inside and out.

Kristy: Congratulations! How cool!

Megg: :D Glad your outlook is sunnier today.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 3:37 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Yep. 20 minutes later the universe reminded me that it doesn't like me.

But I like you, and I'm more important than the universe.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
yurieee wrote:
I don't know whereelse to go to get this thing out of my chest.
I'm a regular in here but not usualy post just read...
I think my life lately is not happy AT ALL.
I've been working as an accountant in a boring but big and quite secure company.
At work,I used to flock with some people but they started to act like ass
so i thought i'd better be alone than being with them. But it turns out to be very very lonely.

I'm not happy and i've been thinking hard what is the cause of this problem and how to solve it...
I think for now the only way out is me quitting this job..Or it's just that i need someone to talk to?, i don't know.
Moreover, going to work and working is exhausting
It takes me approximately 2 hours to go to work and anohter 2 hours back home.
I spent 9 to 10 hours working(not including 1 hr, lunch break) This make me become more and more like a robot.
I'm tired, and dying everyday.
IT's okay for me to be unemployed but i'm just not dare enough to tell my boss ,she's always kind to me.
Oh one more thing, i want to find the job that i like..kind of looking forward to waking up and go to work...

well, end of my moaning..
I think i'll find the answer soon...but soon enough that's what i hope. T T

Yurieee, I hope you find something that will make you happier soon. And like Kayte said, I'm sure your boss will understand. If you're okay being unemployed at the moment and you are as unhappy at your job as you sound, you shouldn't stay just for your boss. Good luck with everything!

Pages Previous 1...106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:21 AM