Travis

Re: Mexico - Questions about Travel in MX City and beyond!!
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 26 Oct, 2008 11:38 PM Quote
Those pics a great! I like especially the second one, you look so cute together :o). Thanks for sharing! :o)

And yes, please, would be awesome if you could keep us updated about how the trip is going ;o).

Btw, I haven't told you what my name is, sorry! My name is Alma :o). And it's been a pleasure to help you out on this issue ;o).

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 27 Oct, 2008 8:07 AM Quote
Haha, thankss =D

It's been nice talking to you, too, Alma! My name's Alyssa =)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:26 AM Quote
Update:
So today they visited ruins near MX City. I believe Albert said they went to Tlaxcala...And had a tremendous time hiking up and down the steps! They hope to catch a bit of the marketplace atmosphere today and just relax. They'll be headed off to Oaxaca soon.

And sadly...again...I am worried! I just did reading/research on Oaxaca on the political/social disruption. I'm a little confused but all in all I'm worried... I'm afraid people will think they are reporters just because they have large cameras? Also I read that the President of Mexico is planning to send army forces to Oaxaca, Tabasco (Is that the state where Palenque is located?), and Campeche. Those plans have been ready since Oct.16.

Do you guys think that means there will be an increase in violence in those parts? I spend hours reading so much news and a lot of it is horror stories. And because I have an extremely vivid imagination, I'm pretty able to imagine the worst of things..things that can bring tears.

So I have some questions. Would YOU guys travel to Oaxaca, Palenque, or Campeche right now? If you did, how would you prefer to travel there? Are you comfortable traveling by car/bus overnight? How are you going to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos this year?

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Come to Puerto Vallarta :)!
The best and most beautiful city in Mexico :D

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
Aw, haha, next time!

Sadly that doesn't answer my questions though :(

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 1:31 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
Aw, haha, next time!

Sadly that doesn't answer my questions though :(

Maybe i could help you =P

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 6:46 AM Quote
haha, with info?

They'll be traveling to San Cristobal now, too :P

Sadly I don't have much to say about their current experiences because I only get to speak to them for about 20 minutes each day!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:48 PM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
haha, with info?

They'll be traveling to San Cristobal now, too :P

Sadly I don't have much to say about their current experiences because I only get to speak to them for about 20 minutes each day!

Mmm well, ok no xD

Yeah!
Mexico = Awesome Experience :)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 8:14 PM Quote
Update:Such a sad update!!!

So they were supposed to be in Oaxaca since yesterday but are stuck in Mexico City...

They got a horrible case of traveler's diarrhea and then had to visit a doctor in the City. The fee of the visit cost then $500 !!! So now they have practically NO budget. That's so much money. I don't think even a visit here with no insurance would cost that much??? Ridiculous!!!

Update: They're feeling slightly better and are going to explore the Dia De Los Muertos festivities in downtown Mexico City. :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:50 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
Update:Such a sad update!!!

So they were supposed to be in Oaxaca since yesterday but are stuck in Mexico City...

They got a horrible case of traveler's diarrhea and then had to visit a doctor in the City. The fee of the visit cost then $500 !!! So now they have practically NO budget. That's so much money. I don't think even a visit here with no insurance would cost that much??? Ridiculous!!!

Update: They're feeling slightly better and are going to explore the Dia De Los Muertos festivities in downtown Mexico City. :)

Oh, that sucks :/
Well, Mexican doctors are good :P
But hey!
i'm sure they'll spend a good time at Dia De Muertos :]!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:32 AM