Travis

While Travis is in L.A...
thestranded
thestranded Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 1:27 AM Quote
So they're headed for the Troubadour? And tickets were sold out like hotcakes? And they're going on eBay for 10 times the price?

Anyway, while they're in Los Angeles, they should spend some quality time to promote Ode to J. Smith in the United States. I saw the episode of Graham Norton on BBC America just last week where they performed Song to Self (which was totally unexpected - I squealed when I saw four familiar-looking guys waving on the TV screen). I propose they pay Craig Ferguson a visit - he's a fellow Scot, and only one of the most brilliant comedians on late night television these days.

I mean, I've been seeing promotions for Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul, Keane's Perfect Symmetry, but the advertising campaign for Ode to J. Smith has been on the down-low, which is strange, because Travis has really got something brilliant going on here.

Also I'm new here. Hi everyone. :D

Re: While Travis is in L.A...
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 4:50 AM Quote
thestranded wrote:
So they're headed for the Troubadour? And tickets were sold out like hotcakes? And they're going on eBay for 10 times the price?

Anyway, while they're in Los Angeles, they should spend some quality time to promote Ode to J. Smith in the United States. I saw the episode of Graham Norton on BBC America just last week where they performed Song to Self (which was totally unexpected - I squealed when I saw four familiar-looking guys waving on the TV screen). I propose they pay Craig Ferguson a visit - he's a fellow Scot, and only one of the most brilliant comedians on late night television these days.

I mean, I've been seeing promotions for Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul, Keane's Perfect Symmetry, but the advertising campaign for Ode to J. Smith has been on the down-low, which is strange, because Travis has really got something brilliant going on here.

Also I'm new here. Hi everyone. :D

Hey there! Welcome to the board! :)

Are you from LA and did you get one of those tickets? Good to know they sold out so quickly and they're in high demand! Just hope you got one.

Do you by any chance have a link to Travis performing on BBC America?? I missed it!!!!!! I had no clue it was even on!

I totally agree that Travis should pay a visit to Craig Ferguson's show!! That'd be really fun. Him and Conan are the only two late-night guys I watch. :)

I really hope they do a little promo while they're in the US! It'd be so fun to see them on TV and not just watch it from other countries through YouTube. I can't wait for them to come to Detroit!!!!

jasmine
jasmine Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
They should pay a visit to SMC and go to KCRW, for a live set with Nic Harcourt! Ha.

They should also visit me at my house and play a live set by my pool.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 5:06 AM Quote
Hi! Welcome to the board! :o)

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 11:48 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Do you by any chance have a link to Travis performing on BBC America?? I missed it!!!!!! I had no clue it was even on!

here you go Nikki!

Graham Norton Show: Song to Self

Also, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!
i hope they come the the US after January cuz then i will be able to see them again!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Nikki wrote:

here you go Nikki!

Graham Norton Show: Song to Self

Also, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!
i hope they come the the US after January cuz then i will be able to see them again!

Oh! Thank you so much! :)
YaY! They sounded so good!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 19 Oct, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Woo hoo! :) It is exciting to see my YouTube uploads being linked around. :) I'm sad I know. lol

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 1:38 AM Quote
Welcome:)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 3:19 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Woo hoo! :) It is exciting to see my YouTube uploads being linked around. :) I'm sad I know. lol

I should have known it was you by the youtube name. :P Thanks Ben.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
while Travis is in LA , they should have some empanadas

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
While Travis is in LA, I bet they take their kids to Disney! :)

Hope you enjoy the gig if you were lucky enough to get tickets.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:22 PM