Travis

History behind Love Will Come Through/Moonlight Mile?
Sharona
Sharona Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 3:15 AM Quote
What is the history behind the creation of the song "Love Will Come Through" for the film "Moonlight Mile?" Was it written exclusively for the film? I work with someone who was the music supervisor on the film and I was curious what the backstory was.

I know it was discussed in an interview somewhere at some time, but I figured I'd find a quicker answer here, on the boards. :)

Re: History behind Love Will Come Through/Moonlight Mile?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
Good question. I'm not sure if the song was written for the film, or if the filmmakers approached Travis after hearing this beautiful song and wanted to use it. I know that the album version is a bit heavier sounding. I think they might have written it for the movie. Not sure though.

Either way, it is my favorite off of 12 Memories and one of my favorite Travis songs. It's absolutely beautiful. And I love that the video was shot in Poland and features gypsy girls because that's totally what I pictured when listening to the song.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
huh..? watched the whole movie today -

lwct didn't appear in it...or am i deaf?

you do mean the movie with dustin hoffman in it, right?

lg
nora

martina
martina Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
I read something that Fran wrote about it in the old website... I think the director made him see the movie and asked him to write a song for it, and Fran was touched by the movie so he used a song he had began to write... not sure about it though

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
This is from the Travis project fellow boardie Rallyfoeraren did:

Love Will Come Through was originally recorded for the film Moonlight Mile, and first previewed on
the official Travis website in September 2002. Later that month the soundtrack of the film was released,
and from November 15, fans could download the track from the Travis website, for a "minimal fee".
The proceeds from this download release were all to be given to the Spinal Injuries Association, an
association helping people who have suffered from spinal injuries. This was, of course, a field that the
band had become interested in after Neil's accident. The Moonlight Mile version of Love Will Come
Through sounds pretty much the same as the eventual album version, with the exception that the drums and bass don't come in until the first chorus, whereas on the album version, they're on for pretty
much the whole song.

emma10
emma10 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:37 AM Quote
I think it's just the Uk version that has this song on? I saw it at the cinema and the Travis song was on but have got the Region 1 DVD and it's a different song.

Love the song, it always gives me goosebumps and always reminds me of how lucky we are to still have Neil around! Remember when he had his accident, was awful and it was so good to hear of the wonderful progress he made! The song, for me, reflects this period and is so moving!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:12 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
This is from the Travis project fellow boardie Rallyfoeraren did:

Love Will Come Through was originally recorded for the film Moonlight Mile, and first previewed on
the official Travis website in September 2002. Later that month the soundtrack of the film was released,
and from November 15, fans could download the track from the Travis website, for a "minimal fee".
The proceeds from this download release were all to be given to the Spinal Injuries Association, an
association helping people who have suffered from spinal injuries. This was, of course, a field that the
band had become interested in after Neil's accident. The Moonlight Mile version of Love Will Come
Through sounds pretty much the same as the eventual album version, with the exception that the drums and bass don't come in until the first chorus, whereas on the album version, they're on for pretty
much the whole song.

yes, that's it ! Remember this being my first download and it bloody didn't work ! lol Got the song illegally in the end but made a donation to the SIA. Doesn't feel that it's so long ago :)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 2:53 PM Quote

I do have both versions..but can't find the song in the movie..can someone tell me where to find it? In which scene?
nora

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I do have both versions..but can't find the song in the movie..can someone tell me where to find it? In which scene?
nora

It is on during the credits.

I saw the movie in the theater and I remember we were leaving and I suddenly went, "is that Travis??"

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Am i right in saying that either one of the versions mentioned or a different version had some sort of robotic/cher sounding effect on the vocals?

Im sure i remember that.

emma10
emma10 Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

nora

From what I remember, it's when Jake Gyllenhaal drops Ellen Pompeo's character off in the car - he drives off in the car in the rain - and it was definitely at this point in the cinema version I saw.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:21 AM