Travis

Left wanting more.......
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
This always happens after every Travis gig! I'm still on a complete high after the gig on Wednesday in London. We got back from the UK late last night, back to the humdrum of work this morning. Postie finally delivered my late copy of ODE so that's on full blast as we speak BUT I want more......
I'm being greedy now I know, but I'm scouring the net trying to find more European dates ready to be anounced. Pleeeease put us out of our misery, when are you coming to France guys???
Thanks again for a very special night!

Re: Left wanting more.......
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
I think this is the first post relating to after the Astoria gig. (correct me someone, if I'm wrong)

So....how was it? I was gutted not to be able to go, and would love to hear about it please.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
I don't want to make you feel even more gutted but it really was amazing Tonie!! I thought Fran's voice sounded a little tired at the beginning but it soon warmed up and they were having loads of fun up there on stage.
Lots of classics and the new stuff was brilliant live. Seemed strange not having AIWDIR and Andy's guitar solo was sorely missed BUT Fran singing Falling Down amongst the crowd was unbelievable. I was a bit shell shocked when I saw him climbing over the fence not far in front of us and heading straight towards where we were standing - quite surreal but VERY enjoyable!! Hopefully we gave the Astoria a good send off (it's being demolished soon)
A brilliant night to remember.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed it. Don't worry, I can cope! ;)

Sounds like a great night. I would have loved it. And yes, a Travis set without Rain?????? Wow!

To fill the void, I sang it with my band in the studio the night before. We made a reasonable first attempt, not too shoddy at all. But I wouldn't pay to see it, not just yet!!!

And Fran in the crowd. Excellent. It does up the pleasure factor, doesn't it. Nice one!

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:09 PM Quote
They DID play Rain at the end with the traditional Pogo but no All I wanna Do Is Rock which they've played every time I've seen them so far so it felt a bit weird not hearing it this time. The rest more than made up for it though :-)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
[quote="Tonie"]

To fill the void, I sang it with my band in the studio the night before. We made a reasonable first attempt, not too shoddy at all. But I wouldn't pay to see it, not just yet!!!

/quote]

Not ready for Youtube just yet then? :-P

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
They DID play Rain at the end with the traditional Pogo but no All I wanna Do Is Rock which they've played every time I've seen them so far so it felt a bit weird not hearing it this time. The rest more than made up for it though :-)

oops. mixed up my initials, sorry! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:19 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
deebee wrote:

oops. mixed up my initials, sorry! :)

LOL don't worry - I'm having a hard time remembering the setlist anyway.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I'm being greedy now I know, but I'm scouring the net trying to find more European dates ready to be anounced. Pleeeease put us out of our misery, when are you coming to France guys???

They're doing a mini Europe tour in Dec. Nearest stop to you, I guess, is Brussels. TWT has put details at the top of the T chat page.

If we weren't in recession- and really feeling it (as me and Mr T are), I'd pop over, for sure! :) I missed my fix this week....

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
Aaah I know it always comes down to money in the end. We've already done the hop on the plane thing to get to London so Mr Deebee won't fancy trekking off to Brussels or further afield (unfortunately)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:38 PM Quote
A bit of goss. Did you know that Tim Thingy(the double barreled guy from Keane) and Chris Martin were in the audience that evening???? Just picked up that juicy piece of info!

I'm sure they could both pick up a tip or 2 from Travis! Oh yes!!!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
No Way!!!! They were spying! Um how can we add a bit of spice to our next tour? - let's go check out Travis and see if we can get a few ideas, LOL.
I'm sure they had as great a time as we did - I've got a Good Feeling, la la la la la la la.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
Way!!!!

Obviously they were there for pleasure, but knowing what a great show Travis put on, I'm sure there was room for a little mind expansion!

(From my own experience, I've gone to see local bands, with the sole purpose of getting some stage and performance tips! This is the same, but on a more famous scale!!!)

Ha, I've just remembered, I once saw Keane supporting Travis. Years ago. The learning curve never stops I guess ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Way!!!!

Obviously they were there for pleasure, but knowing what a great show Travis put on, I'm sure there was room for a little mind expansion!

(From my own experience, I've gone to see local bands, with the sole purpose of getting some stage and performance tips! This is the same, but on a more famous scale!!!)

Ha, I've just remembered, I once saw Keane supporting Travis. Years ago. The learning curve never stops I guess ;)

Yeah, they did support Travis ages ago, I think it was March 2002 when I saw them in Brighton.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
A bit of goss. Did you know that Tim Thingy(the double barreled guy from Keane) and Chris Martin were in the audience that evening???? Just picked up that juicy piece of info!

I'm sure they could both pick up a tip or 2 from Travis! Oh yes!!!!!

Woah, Chris Martin was there? Wow. It was a brilliant gig though, he sure didn't waste his time going :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:21 PM