Travis

Re: The
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
I think Song To Self is a J sang song yes. I do think it is before he dies. He's very lonely and he feels he doesn't belong any longer and the feeling is getting stronger. :) I think it's his emotions before deciding to kill himself and Last Words I do think is the suicide note but still not sure whether it's before or after J Smith. I think Quite Free is before, I think Friends is after.

But I could be totally wrong on all of it. Haha.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
BYWY: is J referring to a kid he had w/ the girl, and he is referring to how good their relationship was BEFORE the baby was born? but he will still try to be the best father he can even though he feels he is a pretty inadequate human being...?

Wait a minute! Ok...you could be on to something here. Once Fran said that it could actually mean "before you were born" I thought maybe it's J.'s mother singing it about the days before J. was born, but your idea could also be on the right track. Instead of J. singing it though (since he's probably dead) I'd say it's the girl (his lover) singing it. She's holding their baby and singing to it about the days before the baby was born...how things used to be better. That would make sense since the song sorta sounds like a music box or something very sweet you'd sing to a baby. Then, when the gong comes in, the girl is feeling so upset and frustrated that J. killed himself she sings to the baby "If you ever need me call, I will be there waiting when you fall, you know I will..." So she doesn't want her baby to end up like its father. :D I think that's pretty damn good! LOL! What do you think?!?

Lizzie b wrote:
QUESTION for FRAN: is there really a specific story line, or is this just a social/psychological experiment to see how ur fans think/or for ur personal entertainment? ;)

Or...yeah...this could be right too. LMAO!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:

QUESTION for FRAN: is there really a specific story line, or is this just a social/psychological experiment to see how ur fans think/or for ur personal entertainment? ;)

<3 B

Totally! this is their entertainment while on the road.
"Mwa ha ha. I wonder what they have come up with today."

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki, make this your next article.

That's a good idea. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
What if it actually means what it says. Like before you were born...

O.o Oh man! LOL! Fran...I'm really lost now. This is fun though. :)

Ok, I'm listening to "BYWY" right now. (God, this song gives me chills).

Well, if it means in the days before J. was born...then maybe it's written from the point of view of his mother? J. is dead and his mom is singing about her life before J. was born and how everything was better back then. The lyrics say "we take our cradles to the grave"...so, she saw him in the cradle as a baby and now she sees him in his grave as a grown man. And the last line is "what happened?" ...she's sad because she had to bury her son and that's not supposed to happen.

I dunno...that's kinda out there, but what do y'all think? Fran? Am I on the right track now? lol.

Nikki, Fran said that Before You Were Young is J singing.

ps-apperently, since im still waiting for my album to arrive, and bc i suck at figuring out these kinds of things, im just here to provide commentary of other people's commentary. Im very helpful :S

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Fran wrote:
What if it actually means what it says. Like before you were born...

O.o Oh man! LOL! Fran...I'm really lost now. This is fun though. :)

Ok, I'm listening to "BYWY" right now. (God, this song gives me chills).

Well, if it means in the days before J. was born...then maybe it's written from the point of view of his mother? J. is dead and his mom is singing about her life before J. was born and how everything was better back then. The lyrics say "we take our cradles to the grave"...so, she saw him in the cradle as a baby and now she sees him in his grave as a grown man. And the last line is "what happened?" ...she's sad because she had to bury her son and that's not supposed to happen.

I dunno...that's kinda out there, but what do y'all think? Fran? Am I on the right track now? lol.

ps-apperently, since im still waiting for my album to arrive, and bc i suck at figuring out these kinds of things, im just here to provide commentary of other people's commentary. Im very helpful :S

He did? When did he say that? I missed that part, lol.

Kristy, well...you know I don't have the album yet either. This is my way of pretending I do, lol. Oh, and I called Amazon and actually talked to a human being. I asked them why my CD hasn't been shipped and they said it's not in stock yet and they don't know when it will be. *sigh* ... I think I might have to cancel my order and get it where Sandy got hers.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:
BYWY: is J referring to a kid he had w/ the girl, and he is referring to how good their relationship was BEFORE the baby was born? but he will still try to be the best father he can even though he feels he is a pretty inadequate human being...?

Wait a minute! Ok...you could be on to something here. Once Fran said that it could actually mean "before you were born" I thought maybe it's J.'s mother singing it about the days before J. was born, but your idea could also be on the right track. Instead of J. singing it though (since he's probably dead) I'd say it's the girl (his lover) singing it. She's holding their baby and singing to it about the days before the baby was born...how things used to be better. That would make sense since the song sorta sounds like a music box or something very sweet you'd sing to a baby. Then, when the gong comes in, the girl is feeling so upset and frustrated that J. killed himself she sings to the baby "If you ever need me call, I will be there waiting when you fall, you know I will..." So she doesn't want her baby to end up like its father. :D I think that's pretty damn good! LOL! What do you think?!?

Lizzie b wrote:

Yeah Fran says J sings BYWY, check page 5 of this post. Sorry to crush your theory like, lol. Which is confusing because that means he sings it after he commits suicide... perhaps there's a bit of artistic licence being used there. :P Or, of course, he does go back to earth after he dies (as a ghost? re-born? or as he was?), so I guess he could still be singing it even after his "death".

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
Maybe J dies but gets sent to hell... which is being alive back on earth? Maybe he isn't dead. Probably wrong but I don't know. And if he is dead, he'll be singing it from his far away place. Which is earth but maybe as a spirit. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

He did? When did he say that? I missed that part, lol.

Kristy, well...you know I don't have the album yet either. This is my way of pretending I do, lol. Oh, and I called Amazon and actually talked to a human being. I asked them why my CD hasn't been shipped and they said it's not in stock yet and they don't know when it will be. *sigh* ... I think I might have to cancel my order and get it where Sandy got hers. [/quote]

You are a writer. you are better at this!
There are real people at Amazon? who knew! And boo that it hasnt shipped! I gave up on mine too and ordered it from a Canadian site that had a pre order. Who knew this was going to be so complicated?
I dont know if they ship to the states, just you can try Chapter.ca. Shipping from Canada will probably be cheaper than shipping from the UK.

OR i can see if i can alter my order and add another copy of the cd onto it. Im already getting free shipping so it wouldnt matter...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Yes Luke. A sort of re-born thing. Haha. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

Lizzie b wrote:

Yeah Fran says J sings BYWY, check page 5 of this post. Sorry to crush your theory like, lol. Which is confusing because that means he sings it after he commits suicide... perhaps there's a bit of artistic licence being used there. :P Or, of course, he does go back to earth after he dies (as a ghost? re-born? or as he was?), so I guess he could still be singing it even after his "death".

Damn. There goes my theory, lol. Luke, I've been wondering about that too. When J. comes back to Earth, is he alive or a ghost? If Earth is like his hell, maybe he's walking around as a ghost. I could be wrong, and I probably am since every single idea I've had so far has been shot down, LOL! Well...except for my Chinese Blues = overture to the Ode opera theory. That's still out there.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

<3 B

Totally! this is their entertainment while on the road.
"Mwa ha ha. I wonder what they have come up with today."

o i totally think that this is what it is, esp since Fran told us to get going on figuring it out!! he is messing w/ our heads... and i am ok w/ that cuz it gives us something to noodle over.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Lizzie b wrote:

Lizzie b wrote:

If Fran hadn't said it was J himself singing the song, i totally think either one of ur 'mother' theories were right on!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
Ok...I'm starting to understand this whole Romeo and Juliet idea...especially in BYWY. (I'm not giving up! lol)

J. is singing BYWY to the girl about their relationship and his choice to commit suicide. He's feeling like he made the wrong choice, but it's too late. I get this image of him being a ghost and sitting right next to her.

He sings: "We take our cradles to the grave, but even then we're never safe from danger" - here he's referring to his choice to kill himself, but then he's still in danger because heaven didn't want him and he got sent back to Earth as a ghost, where it's still a dangerous place.

He also says: "I'll never get a second chance. Whatever" -- another line that points to him being dead/ a ghost.

The "If you ever need me call, I will be there waiting when you fall" part is J. trying to tell her that he's going to be there for her waiting "on the other side" when she dies. Maybe she's about to kill herself? (Sorta like Juliet did)..."I'll take the breath away from your sighs."

Maybe? lol.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Ok...I'm starting to understand this whole Romeo and Juliet idea...especially in BYWY. (I'm not giving up! lol)

J. is singing BYWY to the girl about their relationship and his choice to commit suicide. He's feeling like he made the wrong choice, but it's too late. I get this image of him being a ghost and sitting right next to her.

He sings: "We take our cradles to the grave, but even then we're never safe from danger" - here he's referring to his choice to kill himself, but then he's still in danger because heaven didn't want him and he got sent back to Earth as a ghost, where it's still a dangerous place.

He also says: "I'll never get a second chance. Whatever" -- another line that points to him being dead/ a ghost.

The "If you ever need me call, I will be there waiting when you fall" part is J. trying to tell her that he's going to be there for her waiting "on the other side" when she dies. Maybe she's about to kill herself? (Sorta like Juliet did)..."I'll take the breath away from your sighs."

Maybe? lol.

yes. i like this very much so!
i can just see u laboring over the only lyrics u've got to go on... and obviously NOT giving up!

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:46 AM