Travis

Humpty Dumpty back in the setlist...
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:02 PM Quote
Just saw a picture from the Thetford Forest show which looks like it could mean The Humpty Dumpty Love Song is back in the setlist. Can't think what other songs would be just Fran, capo on 3, with Doug and Andy having a breather sitting on the drum riser...

Any clues?

Re: Humpty Dumpty back in the setlist...
lozm
lozm Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:11 PM Quote
From the setlists I have seen, the humpty dumpty love song has replaced U16 Girls, which I'm a bit gutted about, but at least I have seen it a couple of times on this tour now.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:27 PM Quote
I nearly cried when I heard the beginning of The Humpty..She's so beautiful...

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:15 PM Quote
lozm wrote:
From the setlists I have seen, the humpty dumpty love song has replaced U16 Girls

For the record, not so in Amsterdam. They played both U16 Girls and Humpty Dumpty in the encore. I put this down to info from a local guy in the crowd ("Johan no 2"!)telling me that the Invisible Band was the album that made Travis in Holland. This came exactly one week after Hammersmith, where we got U16 Girls only (a 3-song encore of that, plus Flowers, plus Rain).

Personally, I'd have preferred Happy to Humpty, cos I like my Travis rocking, not chilling, but you can't have everything. ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:30 PM Quote
I would SO prefer Happy to WDIAROM as an ending!!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:39 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I would SO prefer Happy to WDIAROM as an ending!!!

Seen Happy twice on this tour, as well as WDIAROM- so it's all possible!

Hopefully Humpty has packed his shell for Belfast :)

lozm
lozm Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 10:50 PM Quote
Happy instead of Humpty Dumpty if you ask me, not that there is anything wrong with Humpty Dumpty, just Happy is better as a live song.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
lozm wrote:
Happy instead of Humpty Dumpty if you ask me, not that there is anything wrong with Humpty Dumpty, just Happy is better as a live song.

Agreed :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 1:32 AM Quote
lozm wrote:

It's been a while since i've heard Humpty played live though- 5 gigs ago! So i'd rather hear that than Happy these days.

Of course the ultimate (More Than Us) should always be played before everything. But it hardly ever gets an outing! :(

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:28 PM Quote
And also good to hear (from the man himself!) that Battleships is nestled in there too. My friend Sara loves it and she's been telling me to ask Fran to play it- and now he will :)

Humpty and Battleships in the same set- looks like Belfast could be pretty alright!

lozm
lozm Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:36 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
lozm wrote:

It's been a while since i've heard Humpty played live though- 5 gigs ago! So i'd rather hear that than Happy these days.

Of course the ultimate (More Than Us) should always be played before everything. But it hardly ever gets an outing! :(

I saw More Than Us first 2 times I saw Travis live, haven't heard it since then though.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:37 PM Quote
Only time i remember hearing it was the Singles tour. It might have been played in 1999 when i saw them, but i can't remember- i'm sure it was though!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:08 PM