Travis

Amy Mac talks Travis on Detroit radio
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
Every Sunday, Detroit-Windsor's 93.9 The River hosts guests to chat about their music and they either play songs off their album or do a live acoustic set. This Sunday, I was pleasantly surprised when I switched the station on and heard “This Is The Life” by former boardie Amy MacDonald. It’s the first time I’ve heard her on the radio here. She talked about her musical influences and mentioned Oasis and Travis! :o) After that, they played “Poison Prince.” YaY! Now I just hope they start playing Travis again...haven't heard them on the radio since "Closer".

Re: Amy Mac talks Travis on Detroit radio
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
You're right. I haven't heard Travis on the River since May or June, I'd say.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
she was on Ellen last week too.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You're right. I haven't heard Travis on the River since May or June, I'd say.

I know! Those jerks. I'm on the verge of sending a nasty e-mail. They've got me quoted on their Web site cuz I sent them an e-mail praising them for playing good music like TRAVIS, Guster, Muse, Snow Patrol, etc., etc...but now they've stopped playing all of that! They still play Spoon, but other than that it's like The Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson show. Not that there’s anything wrong with Jason Mraz, but it's a bit much and I’m annoyed. I feel like saying “TAKE DOWN MY QUOTE UNTIL YOU START PLAYING TRAVIS AGAIN!” lol. :P

Aimee_and_Andy
Aimee_and_Andy Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
I know exactly what you mean. We have a local 'new music' radio station here in Edmonton called Sonic 102.9 and they hosted an acoustic session with Fran on the day of the Travis concert last November. Video of which is on my YouTube channel if you haven't seen it already!

The station promoted the concert yet failed to play any Travis on air in the weeks leading up to the gig. They claim to play alternative modern new music but continue to spin Metallica, Nirvana and Offspring. Their tagline is 'Try Something Different' but they continue to play the same stuff as a rival rock station. Thanks to the iPod I can drive to work and listen to Radio Andy FM.

The only time I have ever heard Travis played on the radio is during our visits to the UK. I listened to a great interview with Fran on BBC Radio 2 during my drive from London to Manchester at the beginning of August.

I guess that's what makes being a Travis fan so special. They don't get lots of airplay but when we do hear them, on the rare occasion, like on the soundtrack of a TV show or movie it's like hearing from an old friend you haven't seen in years.

OK, that's my 2 cents! ;-)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:17 AM