Travis

dilemma!!
audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
im torn. since i have a camera that is considered "pro" level, im kind of scared that i wont be able to sneak my camera into the venues at chicago and new york. therefore, how the hell am i going to get my photo with the band?!
hahah.

sunday morning thinking. im still not awake. :)

advice?

Re: dilemma!!
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
Just use your phone camera? Are they strict with cameras at venues in the U.S.? They don't even check here! At the Barrowlands they just checked my bag (for bombs perhaps- must have heard my Northern Irish accent? :P) but didn't take my camera off me. I don't think they ever do here!

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:25 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Just use your phone camera? Are they strict with cameras at venues in the U.S.? They don't even check here! At the Barrowlands they just checked my bag (for bombs perhaps- must have heard my Northern Irish accent? :P) but didn't take my camera off me. I don't think they ever do here!

yeah they are.
i can usually get mine in because im stealth.. but its a 10d (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/10d.html) and none of my lenses are small either. :/

im sure ill figure it out. its just frustrating right now.

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:28 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
im torn. since i have a camera that is considered "pro" level, im kind of scared that i wont be able to sneak my camera into the venues at chicago and new york. therefore, how the hell am i going to get my photo with the band?!
hahah.

:0 Damn now tis about time they answer your request from the webcam days!

advice?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
paul_c wrote:

yeah they are.
i can usually get mine in because im stealth.. but its a 10d (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/10d.html) and none of my lenses are small either. :/

So basically, to summarise, if you get it in we can expect some pretty stunning pictures of the gig then???

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:40 PM Quote
Sometimes they don't care about cameras. Most of the shows I've been to, they've allowed disposable cameras. I'm sure you won't be happy using a disposable, but better than nothing. Call the venue's and find out! As far as your pics with the band, do it before the show and put your good camera in the car, maybe :)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 4:42 PM Quote
audrey wrote:
hahah.

No one around that could lent you their camera? And otherwise *starts mission impossible tune* we'll send Tom Cruise to smuggle your camera in. lol
advice?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:26 PM Quote

Can you call the venues ?? maybe set something up before hand, rather than be turned away on the night, or call the promoters see if they can sort you out with a press pass??

Don't actually know how difficult this would be, but thought I'd suggest it anyway... :)

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Sometimes they don't care about cameras. Most of the shows I've been to, they've allowed disposable cameras. I'm sure you won't be happy using a disposable, but better than nothing. Call the venue's and find out! As far as your pics with the band, do it before the show and put your good camera in the car, maybe :)

oh, i know i can get a point and shoot in, no problem.
but i want to take mine in! haha. i am a part time wanna be band photographer. to not have my camera at a show is like taking a part of me away while im watching the band. :(

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
audrey wrote:
paul_c wrote:

yeah they are.

So basically, to summarise, if you get it in we can expect some pretty stunning pictures of the gig then???

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!
i emailed fran about it. well see i guess!

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
audrey wrote:
hahah.

:0 Damn now tis about time they answer your request from the webcam days!

advice?

EDEL!
yes, i know it. i thought the same thing!
i emailed fran about it, but we shall see. im sure hes extremely busy and doesnt have much time to respond.

audrey
audrey Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 6:01 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Can you call the venues ?? maybe set something up before hand, rather than be turned away on the night, or call the promoters see if they can sort you out with a press pass??

Don't actually know how difficult this would be, but thought I'd suggest it anyway... :)

i dont know how to get ahold of the promoters! :(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 3:45 AM Quote
Audrey, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm always too freaked out to bring my camera in to a venue because I'd be turned away at the door, have to run back to my car and loose my spot at the front of the stage. So, I always end up leaving it in my car and then get pissed off when they don't even check! LOL.

This time I'm bringing it in...I've waited too long to see Travis NOT to take pictures!!! I'll hide it, somehow!!

Do you freelance for a publication? I'm a reporter, but wouldn't be able to get a press pass for the Detroit show because I don't write for an entertainment-type newspaper. It's automotive :/

David
David Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 3:53 AM Quote
audrey wrote:
advice?

Novelty hat.

http://www.acupofideas.com/images/franco/hatsm.jpg

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 9:06 AM Quote
audrey wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

i dont know how to get ahold of the promoters! :(

When they played Amsterdam i emailed the venue. In Holland it says on the tickets no camera's are allowed. When i emailed the venue to ask what their policy was. They directly emailed back, saying that is wasn't a problem as long as the band would not complain. Usually a website belonging to the venue has a "contact" button, you could give it a go?? Good luck, am looking forward to some of your pictures!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:31 PM