Travis

FAO Nikki (& those not yet annoyed with our hockey talk)
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
So, i just had this conversation with someone that called my work and really just wanted to be connected to someone else, but decided to have a whole conversation with me. Thought you would find it funny since it involves the Wings.
Dude on the phone: "Hi, this is______. What is your name?"
me: "My name is Kristy."
Dude: "You guys had a good weekend there with football, didnt you? Beating the Montreal Alouettes."
me: "Oh did we?I don't know sir, I dont really follow football, I'm a hockey fan."
Dude: "oh well, you've got a good team there with...what's their names? The Red Wings?"
me: "Umm, the Bulldogs?" (hoping and praying he didnt actually mean the Leafs bc then i would really fear for his health)
dude: "right. They are having a good season, arent they?"
me: "well sir, the AHL season hasnt actually started yet."
dude: "right. Well, can you connect me to..."

oh confused old man.

Re: FAO Nikki (& those not yet annoyed with our hockey talk)
Aimee_and_Andy
Aimee_and_Andy Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
haha funny! :-D

At least he got a couple of things right in one sentence - 'Good team' & 'Red Wings' ;-)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
LOL! Wow. He really had no clue what he was talking about. Try making small talk about something you understand, buddy. :P Although, yes, at least what he said about the Wings was correct.

Soooo...OCTOBER 9 IS OUR FIRST GAAAAAAAME! :D I'm so excited!!!!!! When do the Sens start, Kristy?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
please keep my calls private

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
Sens already started, actually. On saturday! They started the season in Sweden so it was a little early. They lost in OT on Saturday and won yesterday! Woot. 3/4 points.

Are you going to get to go to the game for your bday? Only...12 days till the game im going to in Ottawa!

Ya, random old man. He was very enthousiastic about his lack of knowledge though!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 06 Oct, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Sens already started, actually. On saturday! They started the season in Sweden so it was a little early. They lost in OT on Saturday and won yesterday! Woot. 3/4 points.

Are you going to get to go to the game for your bday? Only...12 days till the game im going to in Ottawa!

Ya, random old man. He was very enthousiastic about his lack of knowledge though!

Tickets were going for as high as, get this, $600 for the home opener and banner raising ceremony. :(

I'll go to a game eventually, just not sure when yet. I have to sit down and look at the schedule when I have a second.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:43 AM