Travis

Re: Thank you for BYWY, Travis
akanksha
akanksha Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I was completely blown away. It literally gave me chills! I've gotta say that it has instantly become one of my favorite Travis songs. All I can say is WOW...thank you so much Travis for such a beautiful, powerful song. It's perfect. The bit when Fran sings "I love you, I love you, I love you ooo...*DRUMS*"... :O It's amazing...so emotional! This is why I freakin' love this band.

Nikki, that's... what can I say... do you know my minds??? Every single time I've heard and hear it, it feels like the PERFECT song for me!

And I always ask myself: Is this a lovesong for Clay? When you look at the words, for me it sounds like the things you think about what you did BEFORE you've got a child.

- you can sit in the morning sun without the baby screaming
- you can turn the radion on as loud as you want

And the other words:

- if Clay ever needs his father he shall call
- Fran has only got two hands (reminds me of this pic with Nora and Clay where Fran seems to handle thousand things in this second)
- "I hope the fire never dies" - wonderful! A children's fire shall never die, is that what he means?

For me the whole text means: Hello Clay, this is your father speaking (singing), whatever happens, I'm there for you and I love you!

What do you think?

Wow. I didn't see it in that way. ...I don't know how I saw it, but that's a very fitting analysis!

The more often I listen to the tracks on the album the more I love it intensely. At first I thought I wouldn't like it as much as BWNN but now I'm just WOW. Plus the fact that there's a narrative undercurrent...really good stuff.

And I haven't even GOT the album ...physically... yet. (I have to wait til my exams get over!)

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I've been holding out to hear the songs on Ode because I want to hear the album in its entirety, but I just couldn't resist listening to "Before You Were Young" any longer, especially with all of the positive talk about it on the board. So, I caved in last night and listened to it for the first time.

I was completely blown away. It literally gave me chills! I've gotta say that it has instantly become one of my favorite Travis songs. All I can say is WOW...thank you so much Travis for such a beautiful, powerful song. It's perfect. The bit when Fran sings "I love you, I love you, I love you ooo...*DRUMS*"... :O It's amazing...so emotional! This is why I freakin' love this band.

i Agree with you too it is a great song

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I've been holding out to hear the songs on Ode because I want to hear the album in its entirety, but I just couldn't resist listening to "Before You Were Young" any longer, especially with all of the positive talk about it on the board. So, I caved in last night and listened to it for the first time.

i Agree with you too it is a great song

EDIT : For god sake another double post

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:13 AM Quote
It's my favourite on the new album, too. I cried when I first heard it, and then I listened to Ode in the car and almost had a small accident because I wasn't focussing on the traffic, lol! And today when I listened to the album, I was just about to tidy some stuff up and when BYWY came up, I stopped in the middle of it and just stood in my room speechless. I guess it's something special about this song that it just makes me focus entirely on the song and I can't think of anything else in this moment :) (of course not really helpful when I'm driving. :D)

mili
mili Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
I've heard the album version of this song at least 50 times now, and it still gets shivers going down my back. Brilliant.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
great song, a surprise

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 2:39 AM