Travis

Re: Battleships
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:50 AM Quote

I like the tune, but for me the word "Battleships" doesn't sound natural in a song.

Vince
Vince Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:15 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Vince wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Love it love it love it! Sent a wee message to Fran asking for it to be played in Belfast at the end of the month- and since now i've heard they've been playing it recently, i'm hopeful! :D that's the only down-side to the 3 gigs ive been to so far on this album... No Battleships :(

Hopefully for Belfast though. Hmmm, maybe i should start a petition! hehe

think they've been playing it recently, so its possible. not happy at it replacing colder tho.

2 weeks til dublin :)

Ah well, we've heard Colder twice now. It's time for Battleships.

Fran mailed me and Battleships is in the setlist for Belfast! :D

Did you see Humpty's back as well? :)

ah yeah i like humpty. need to fit u16 in there somewhere too :)

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I like the tune, but for me the word "Battleships" doesn't sound natural in a song.

I think that's why they chose it. The contradicion of love and war.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
Battleship is one of the kind of songs that you've listen by first time and you're completely in love: love at first heard lol

is one of my fav and... one of my new hymns in my life... is like a part of my personal soundtrack... i don't know... is like a song to wake up full of energy... I LOVE IT!!! <3

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:31 PM Quote
First time I heard it, I thought it sounded like Driftwood but it doesn't - it's just got exactly the same 'awww, what a nice song' vibe. Songs like Battleships are so far removed from most of what's out there it's just so fantastic to find a song like it. Has taken one band, THE band who do stuff like this better than anyone, 8 years to replicate that feeling but for me they have and that's why I love Battleships so much.

I dunno exactly what that feeling is, can't describe it. Do know it's one of my favourite songs ever.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:33 PM Quote
This song bored me at first. Then I hated it coz someone I was supposed to see Travis with stood me up an this is his fave song off the album, but now I kinda like it loads =)

feri
feri Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 4:53 AM Quote
I like it a lot as well and one of my faves. Driftwood is one of my faves as well. What can I say, I like analogies!

johnyp43
johnyp43 Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:15 AM Quote
I know what you mean, I thought Battleships was an OK song at first, but in true Travis style it has really grown on me. I now find myself singing it all day long. It is fantastic live too! Looking forward to a chilled out gig at Dalby Forest.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 2:03 PM Quote
Vince wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Vince wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Love it love it love it! Sent a wee message to Fran asking for it to be played in Belfast at the end of the month- and since now i've heard they've been playing it recently, i'm hopeful! :D that's the only down-side to the 3 gigs ive been to so far on this album... No Battleships :(

Hopefully for Belfast though. Hmmm, maybe i should start a petition! hehe

think they've been playing it recently, so its possible. not happy at it replacing colder tho.

2 weeks til dublin :)

Ah well, we've heard Colder twice now. It's time for Battleships.

Fran mailed me and Battleships is in the setlist for Belfast! :D

Did you see Humpty's back as well? :)

ah yeah i like humpty. need to fit u16 in there somewhere too :)

You never know, they might do it impromptu like they did at the ABC ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:06 PM