Travis

Bad sound quality
janari
janari Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
Hi,

I'm from Finland and I bought the new album today and sound quality of 'Ode To J. Smith' isn't that great (poor mastering or what?) and why every track ends with nasty click sound?

Is my copy somehow faulty or is this general issue? I'm considering returning this CD to store where I bought it from.

Br, Janari

Re: Bad sound quality
mili
mili Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Hi Janari

Where did you buy it? I just had a look at Anttila in Helsinki yesterday, and they didn't have it. My copy is an import from this website, and there's no clicking, and the quality sounds good to me.

On my cd it's marked as Red telephone Box, Phone 004, I wonder if the Finnish (and other European?) are from a different batch?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
The album over all is rougher but you shouldn't have a clicking sound. Sounds like something is wrong.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
You somehow have a 'bad' copy as sound quality is a major plus of this particular album.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
hallo, juuli and i bought our copies from 'levykauppa äx' and there's no clicking sound in them either. have you already tried asking from the shop you bought the cd?

janari
janari Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
I bought it from levykauppax.fi

Cat Num: VVR1051932

(c Red Telephone Box Under Exclusive License To Cooperative Music. A Division Of V2 Records International Ltd.

Bar Code: 5033197519326

http://www.cooperativemusic.com

Looks like this is faulty copy. I will return it tomorrow.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
I agree it's a bit rough, actually. Particularly with the volume up at the start of Chinese Blues. A slight crackling on the really high/loud notes, but only annoying if you're really fussy. It's not unusual, got some Ash/Oasis releases that are the same.

It kinda fits with Ode; though. Rough around the edges, unpolished gem.

No clicking though, that sounds dodgy.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
I had clicking on a cd once, and the store took it back agreeing that it was faulty. The replacement had clicking on it too, definitely a faulty batch. I burned the tracks before returning the cd for the second time, and giving up completely. Weirdly, the playback on my itunes is completely click-free.

But I simply could never play the cd.

Definitely take it back.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
haha, i happened to me that too.
So, did you get a replacement?
it's a nasty clicking at the end of each song, nad i hate it...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:35 PM