Travis

Fran, question about J smith please
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:46 AM Quote
Hello Fran, I've just bought the new album, and I was reading the lyrics of the songs.
I was just wondering about the Latin part in J smith, can you please tell me why you put that part in the song? I mean, I am not asking you why you wrote it in Latin, I am asking you why you wrote those words. (I understand a bit of Latin - it seems it comes naturally with the Italian being) Please I'd like to have some background about that part of the song. Again, I am not interested in knowing why you chose Latin, I am interested in knowing why you wanted those words to be in your song.

Ps: everything's ok here :)

Re: Fran, question about J smith please
akanksha
akanksha Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 5:11 PM Quote

Not sure if this answers your quesiton, but there was one video interview recently where Fran explained that the song is a story about this guy John Smith's death; he goes to heaven, where the angels speak to him (in Latin) and tell him he's not allowed there(...or something like that.) So they send him back to earth.

I'll have to look at my internet history and find that interview, heh...

nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
Hello Fran, I've just bought the new album, and I was reading the lyrics of the songs.
I was just wondering about the Latin part in J smith, can you please tell me why you put that part in the song? I mean, I am not asking you why you wrote it in Latin, I am asking you why you wrote those words. (I understand a bit of Latin - it seems it comes naturally with the Italian being) Please I'd like to have some background about that part of the song. Again, I am not interested in knowing why you chose Latin, I am interested in knowing why you wanted those words to be in your song.

Ps: everything's ok here :)

Rainy!!!

How ya doin' chick? :D

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:55 AM Quote
nesmap wrote:

Rainy!!!

How ya doin' chick? :D

hi! everything's fine!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:27 PM