Travis

Wolves gig last night.
nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 8:26 AM Quote
Another superb gig!

I am still buzzing this morning. The J Smith stuff sounded amazing live. It was great to hear 'Song to Self' live, I called my friend in Spain so that she could hear it!!

I was right at the front in front of Dougie and managed to catch his plectrum.....

Can't wait for the next time.

x

Re: Wolves gig last night.
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 8:34 AM Quote
I was about 2 rows behind you then ! I decide to take the pressure off myself for this gig and arrive more leasurely and use the bar etc - I got so excited for Manchester , I nearly didn't get there! Some great smiles from Dougie tonight - thought his coat would need to come off though with the temperature. I really enjoyed Wolvs last night . All the gigs are different;this one was lovely . I will always go to Wulfran Hall and I recommend this gig to keen Travis fans.

Congrats on the plectrum !

glennr2008
glennr2008 Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 11:03 AM Quote
After all my pleading to ask for Falling Down/Funny Thing, i didnt get there! :-( I've never ever been so gutted :'-(

Hope all who went enjoyed it though!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:03 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I was about 2 rows behind you then ! I decide to take the pressure off myself for this gig and arrive more leasurely and use the bar etc - I got so excited for Manchester , I nearly didn't get there! Some great smiles from Dougie tonight - thought his coat would need to come off though with the temperature. I really enjoyed Wolvs last night . All the gigs are different;this one was lovely . I will always go to Wulfran Hall and I recommend this gig to keen Travis fans.

Congrats on the plectrum !

Thanks, I am going to treasure it!!!!!!!!
It's a shame we didn't get to say hi, especially as you were only a few feet away.
Dougie made me laugh with his big coat and his even bigger grin.
Your right, the energy that went into it from Fran was great.

x

mouse
mouse Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
i was near u too :)

momentslast
momentslast Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
I was on the otherside of the room to you, I also got a plectrum, mine was from Andy!!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:35 AM Quote
momentslast wrote:
I was on the otherside of the room to you, I also got a plectrum, mine was from Andy!!

Cool!!! Did you enjoy the gig Mouse?? My hearing has only just returned to normal!!

x

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
I had bad ears and a headache next day too, but I was right in front of the speakers, it was very loud, but I was at the front and had great view, so can't complain.

I filmed a fair bit of the gig, it's come out really good, but the audio is so bad due to the volume from the speakers!

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
momentslast wrote:
I had bad ears and a headache next day too, but I was right in front of the speakers, it was very loud, but I was at the front and had great view, so can't complain.

I filmed a fair bit of the gig, it's come out really good, but the audio is so bad due to the volume from the speakers!

Post it, post it, post it!!!! x

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
I filmed two or three songs togeather each time, so need to split the video up before posting to youtube, on some of it the audio is not to bad if your half deaf like me, lol.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
momentslast wrote:
I filmed two or three songs togeather each time, so need to split the video up before posting to youtube, on some of it the audio is not to bad if your half deaf like me, lol.

Did you get Before You Were Young?

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
No sorry I didn't, don't suppose you filmed AIWTDIR by any chance. Your video on youtube is very clear, what camcorder have you got??

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Its a digital camera ....Samsung D85

Only took the one vid as I wanted to enjoy the gig more this time and I had dodgy batteries on board !

momentslast
momentslast Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:48 PM Quote
Thats really good for a camera, I bought a little camcorder that records to a memory card the week beofre the wolves gig, the quality was really good in testing, and I'm well pleased with the results for a 20 quid camcorder, unfortunatley the little mic couldnt handle all the big sounds!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 02 Oct, 2008 11:51 PM Quote
I've got a digital camera and the video and sound is brilliant on it. I get most songs on video but not the whole song. Just 40 seconds or so of it. Though i did get all of Side. Is amazing! :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:25 PM