Travis

Re: Jon & Kate + 8... not doing so great
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 2:54 AM Quote
It's all over.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 3:12 AM Quote
I hope this ends the madness because it's so sad for the kids but I have this sinking feeling they will continue to be reality show whores and now have the shows about their divorce.

There are other ways to make money and they seem to have forgotten that.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 3:35 AM Quote
The episode was really really depressing.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:01 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
The episode was really really depressing.

I concur.
So sad. for everyone involved.

Also, why does Jon suddenly have earrings?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:06 AM Quote
I didn't watch it. Either of you care to give a synopsis?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:06 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

That's what I said. Maybe it's apart of his new look to get the honeys... ??? I don't know I guess he's doing whatever because he became a Dad with so many kids at such a young age.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:09 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
minnmess wrote:

That's what I said. Maybe it's apart of his new look to get the honeys... ??? I don't know I guess he's doing whatever because he became a Dad with so many kids at such a young age.

Ya, to be 32 and have gone through that much and now a divorce is crazy.
Kind of hit home that he is only 8 years older than I am.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:19 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

First half: the kids got Crooked Houses http://www.kidscrookedhouse.com/default.aspx. J+K bickering about where to put them, how much their lives have changed, sadness
Second half: announced that they are seperating
Anticlimatic given that the news of their filin for divorce came out this morning, which was flashed on the screen at the end as well.

A year ago they renewed their vowes to show their kids that they would be together forever.

Sad.

Edit. Just read this:
"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement Monday night. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

what the hell were those "activities" ??

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:22 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Uh the first half they built playhouses for the kids I think (I didn't watch this part) The second half was a producer off screen asking them what was going to happen, and them confirming that they were going to separate. It went back and forth between the two of them talking about how it was going to work out. The kids are going to live at the house, and Jon and Kate are going to switch off. The decided that the kids would stay at the house because it's "their (the kids) house," and they bought it for them. And then at the end of the whole segment a little black screen with text came up saying "On Monday June 22, 2009. Papers were filed to start the "dissolution" of the marriage of Jon and Kate Gosselin." So that means divorce. And then after that they went out to brunch for Mother's Day. That must have been the most depressing Mother's Day brunch EVER. God it was sad.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 4:31 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Edit. Just read this:
"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement Monday night. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

what the hell were those "activities" ??

I don't know... Over this weekend this thing popped up on my news browser that said he was spotted looking for apartments in Trump Towers. I don't know if that's what she was referring to... but it's just... not a good situation. It's weird because I thought he'd be the one to do it...

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 6:38 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. I do not think that is a good look on men.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 6:47 AM Quote
Sorry to burst your bubble, kiddos, but it's not ALL over. The marriage might be over, but the show will go on!

Hot off the Associated Press wire, courtesy of your journalism pal:

TV's Jon and Kate Gosselin say they're divorcing
FRAZIER MOORE
AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) — Celebrity parents Jon and Kate Gosselin say they plan to divorce.

The co-stars of "Jon & Kate Plus 8," who are parents of 5-year-old sextuplets and 8-year-old twins, spoke of their decision to separate during Monday's episode of the TLC reality series. Near the end of the hour-long episode, a title card summed things up in stark terms: It said that on Monday, "legal proceedings were initiated in Pennsylvania to dissolve the 10-year marriage of Jon and Kate Gosselin."

The network had been promising a major on-air decision from the couple, whose increasingly troubled marriage has dominated the series in recent weeks, as well as fueling a firestorm of tabloid coverage.

"We've been dealing a long time with this," Kate said, speaking of her marital problems and the attendant publicity.

"It's been a hard seven or eight months," Jon said in one of his separate on-camera sessions. "It's been a really hard last four months. This is the hardest episode ever."

The beginning of the program was taken up with the delivery and assembly of prefab playhouses for the Gosselin kids. It was the sort of family activity that had formed the crux of the series, now in its fifth season, as it was originally envisioned: A reality show that would chronicle the challenges of raising a supersized family.

But even during this interlude, Kate and Jon were barely speaking. Where to install the four playhouses was a source of friction between them.

"My stomach is churning because I know this is gonna cause a huge fight," Kate told the camera as the installation process began in their yard.

The latter part of the show focused on the couple as they discussed the painful decision they have settled on.

"I just need relief now," Kate said. "I need to turn the page."

Jon described his relationship with Kate as "a total breakdown of everything."

"Jon & Kate" is TLC's most-watched series, drawing nearly 10 million viewers for its season premiere recently. But with the couple's celebrity has come nonstop celebrity coverage, and scandal. There have been reports of infidelity by both Jon and Kate (accusations both of them deny).

Adding to the strain, Pennsylvania's Labor Department opened an investigation into whether the show's production is complying with state child labor laws. TLC has said it "fully complies" with state laws and regulations.

Looking ahead, Kate said, "I don't really want to be alone. I don't want to do this alone."

But she described the split as "the next chapter." And while she and Jon have spoken angrily about the pressure on their marriage from unsought fame and press attention, she conceded, "I believe that it's a chapter that probably would have played out had the world been watching, or not."

One thing the couple could agree on: "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will continue.

"We interview separately, we'll film different things," Jon explained. "Me and the kids, her and the kids."

"How does the show go on?" said Kate. "The show MUST go on!"

Wow. Amazing what money and fame can do to people, eh? Their lives have fallen apart and they're going to continue the show and have their kids deal with their parents' divorce in front of America. Nice!

EDIT: The fact that the AP even has an article about this makes me sad for the future of journalism. The other day they had one about Obama swatting a damn fly. Yeah. No joke.

Oh, and PS...I HATE KATE'S HAIR. Just had to say that. It's hideous.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 12:51 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
"How does the show go on?" said Kate. "The show MUST go on!"[/b]

Wow. Amazing what money and fame can do to people, eh? Their lives have fallen apart and they're going to continue the show and have their kids deal with their parents' divorce in front of America. Nice!

EDIT: The fact that the AP even has an article about this makes me sad for the future of journalism. The other day they had one about Obama swatting a damn fly. Yeah. No joke.

Oh, and PS...I HATE KATE'S HAIR. Just had to say that. It's hideous.

Never once did I think the show would end. They are in too deep. I do however think the show SHOULD end.

The Obama fly thing became a huge story because PETA went ape shit over it

Hair=bad. Agreed. The more money she gets, the worse her hair gets.

And another thought, are they going to have to change the name of the show to Jon OR Kate Plus 8?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 2:21 PM Quote
jon-kate , or kate - jon + 8 and a significent other ?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 3:17 PM Quote
They have to keep doing the show to pay for help! I can't imagine trying to get 8 kids ready for school on time, alone. (I assume the 6 will be starting Kdg. this year.) One parent cannot take care of that large house, grounds, prepare meals, and care for that many children without help. There's not that much time in a day. They are going to have to have a nanny, housekeeper, lawn service, etc.

Alternating parents in the house is going to cause major problems. Ten bucks says Kate will still think of it as "her" house and anything Jon does or does not do is going to give her major hissy fits. She is such a control freak. "Jon didn't go grocery shopping, Jon bought the wrong toilet paper, Jon didn't alphabetize the soup..."

Management of the children will cause problems as well. "Daddy let you wear THAT?" "Daddy let you eat THAT?" "Daddy took you WHERE?" "Daddy let you.....????"

As much as they fight now, I think they may fight even more. It's going to be totally emotionally draining for everyone.

And one other thing...lots of people file for divorce and never go through with it. They may decide to get counseling and drag it out for who knows how long.

I read an article on Yahoo that said:
"Instead he talked more about how he doesn't hate Kate but admitted that he let her take charge too much and now at 32, he's finally decided to stand up for himself."
UH, YEAH!!! The man's having a mid-life crisis at 32, for pity's sake!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:13 PM