Travis

Re: The Police
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:58 AM Quote
I was supposed to see them in October , but they cancelled. I now have to wait until June next year. Enjoy.

scummy
scummy Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 1:21 PM Quote
I like the police, although i won't pay that much to see them playing here in Chile next december 5th. besides the high prices, I think it's incredible that BECK, a well-known musician who had his best moment many years ago, comes as an invited guest :O I would really pay just to see him play, cause I'm a huge fan, but it's unacceptable the way they steal our money by not bringing an artist such as beck by himself, and making us paying for a show we really don't want to see. that same thing happened when franz ferdinand came to chile. they were u2's special guest, and young people really doesn't have the QUANTITY OF MONEY they asked for, and it was unfair to pay for seeing u2 when we only wanted to see franz. and what really sucks in all of this, is that in Chile you pay two or three times more than what you would pay in argentina or mexico for a concert ¬¬
that's why bands never come! it happened with arctic monkeys, rolling stones, etc... thank god travis showed up!

money sucks!
anyway, just wanted to release myself, hope you get it xD

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 3:42 PM Quote
I know! Here Franz Ferdinand did a gig of their own besides being the support act for U2, I couldn't afford it (I had bought my tickets to see U2 :oP).

Yes, I'm pretty sure they hate eachother haha. And they got that stardom thing going I really dislike.
But I love their music, so I wasn't going to waste the only chance I'll ever have to see them live :o).
And yes, the prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The gigs are tomorrow and on saturday, and it turns out that tickets that were supposed to be sold out are on sale today! I hate that.

Another thing that pisses me off is that the sector where I'll be will be full of rich a**holes that don't give a damn about the band. I have bad news for them, cause I intend to sing along to every single song :oP

I heard they still do these long jams they used to do when they were young :o)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
I may be one of the few people on this board who was alive when The Police were actually still a band....I loved them back then, but wouldn't give them 2 cents now to see their craggly faces playing no new songs...what a ripoff....

uuuhhhh...but I'm sure you'll have fun.... ; )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 4:29 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
I may be one of the few people on this board who was alive when The Police were actually still a band....I loved them back then, but wouldn't give them 2 cents now to see their craggly faces playing no new songs...what a ripoff....

Hahaha, thanks! My older brother shares your point of view.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

And so was I...I actually vividly remember the hit that Message in a bottle was...I am happy they're touring but they don't need my money and I don't need to experience them live 25 years too late.

anace
anace Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:17 PM Quote
scummy wrote:
that same thing happened when franz ferdinand came to chile. they were u2's special guest, and young people really doesn't have the QUANTITY OF MONEY they asked for, and it was unfair to pay for seeing u2 when we only wanted to see franz. and what really sucks in all of this, is that in Chile you pay two or three times more than what you would pay in argentina or mexico for a concert ¬¬
that's why bands never come! it happened with arctic monkeys, rolling stones, etc... thank god travis showed up!

money sucks!
anyway, just wanted to release myself, hope you get it xD

AHHH!! U2 and FF in the same showww gosh. When U2 came I couldn't go, I was so sad. My dad said he would pay for my ticket cause he knows how much I like them, but they sold out so fast! Maybe next time... if not, I'm camping outside the stadium just to listen. I don't know why I didn't do that last time.

Here in Monterrey the prices for tickets are usually doubled from what it would cost it Guadalajara or Mexico City. I really hate that ¬¬ lol

so yeah, money sucks indeed

/offtopic

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 7:21 PM Quote
I spent a thousand pesos on gig tickets this year... I've never ever had that kind of money xD. Worth every cent of it though :oD

scummy
scummy Posted Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:05 PM Quote
i'm still pissed off xD, but i guess i'll go to the police xD i can buy a 40 dollar ticket and get to see the police and beck altogether (LLLL) i'm afraid, does sting really look THAT old? jesus xD

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:31 AM Quote
I think he looks great!
I hope I'll look that good when I'm his age lol

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Dec, 2007 12:40 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I was supposed to see them in October , but they cancelled. I now have to wait until June next year. Enjoy.

I missed this post earlier.
You got Sting's laringitis? That sucks, doesn't it? I was afraid he'd get sick again.
At least the show wasn't cancelled :o)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 5:06 AM Quote
I've just got home from the first gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was AMAZING!!!!!!! I was afraid they'd be a little rusty but they're excellent musicians! All the songs were just perfect!!! Copeland was stunning, so was Sting's voice. Andy's solos were awesome!

The only bad thing was that since the tickets were too expensive, me and my sister were surrounded by a sea of snob, rich people who were there more to show off than to see the band. So they just sat there staring at us like we were from the zoo when we started jumping, singing, claping our hands to every song! I mean, come on!!! The Police is on stage and you're more worried looking at fans in their 20s??
We were the only people in the whole section who knew all the songs...

Anyway, we didn't let those people intimidate us and we had a greeeaaattt time! It all happened so fast... I'm glad I'm going to see them tomorrow as well.
It was such a shock when the gig started. The opening song was Message In A Bottle and I just started crying!!! I NEVER cry during shows! The only two times it has happened to me were during WTRY when Travis came and a few hours ago... It's like the fact that I was seeing these two bands live just sunk in at those moments.

My throat hurts, my legs hurt (even though I followed the "stretch before you pogo" advice haha). I can't wait to repeat the whole thing tomorrow! This time on Sting's side! :o)

I know no one will read this (and if someone does, won't understand a thing because my English has abandoned me after this mind-blowing experience), but I'm so excited that I wanted to share hahaha.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 5:18 AM Quote
I understood every word you wrote, don't worry =).

It's great that you've had an amazing time, even though those snob and rich were surrounded you.

The important thing is that you had a blast!!! And that you're gonna do it tomorrow again!

And keep stretching for tomorrow =P

anace
anace Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 5:59 AM Quote
AWW!! I read it and understood everything :) Glad you had a good time, and screw those rich people :P
bogusblue wrote:

And keep stretching for tomorrow =P

LOL! I would take that advice ;) have fuN!

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 02 Dec, 2007 5:36 PM Quote
Juli, I'm glad you enjoyed the show. And I hope you have fun as well tonight ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:20 AM