Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 6:38 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
it's been over 2 weeks since i sent my cookies to Mexico. I hope they are almost there!

I haven't got anything yet, I'm starting to worry about it :oS. They have taken too long to get here :o(, hope they do soon :oS. And I hope you get yours soon too :o).

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:12 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
Yeah, I got my biscuits today!! Of course, I am not at home for the week, so had housemate open them. Besides biscuits I also got...a wooly smily toast!! Woo hoo!!! Thanks, Laura. (I sent Laura Milanos as well. Milanos are popular with the boardies. )

Yay!! I'm glad you got them ok Jolene! How annoying for you that you're not at home to try them! Am v v excited about the Milanos, Anne told me about those last night and they look gorgeous! (she gave me the link to the Pepperidge Farm site to have a peek!)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
[
I am jealous of your smily toast. I love the toast.

How funny about the Milanos. I think that's our fancy "go to" cookie. Laura will be excited because she and I were chatting about those today and she wanted some.

Thank you so much for those recipes Anne!

I will make you a smily toast in return if you'd like one?!! PM me your address!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
minnmess wrote:
it's been over 2 weeks since i sent my cookies to Mexico. I hope they are almost there!

I haven't got anything yet, I'm starting to worry about it :oS. They have taken too long to get here :o(, hope they do soon :oS. And I hope you get yours soon too :o).

I should have paid extra and got a tracing number so that I could follow the cookies, but that was super expensive. HOPEFULLY they show up this week.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
How funny about the Milanos. I think that's our fancy "go to" cookie.

hahaha i prefer the 'geneva' cookies with the dark chocolate but i know milanos are popular so i went to those. :P

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
woohoo!! Ale...I got my cookies! I have to say, you put me to shame with your letter! I kinda sent one too, but your letter was really so sweet! I'm going to go through and taste them all now. Hopefully, you'll get yours soon!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
woohoo!! Ale...I got my cookies! I have to say, you put me to shame with your letter! I kinda sent one too, but your letter was really so sweet! I'm going to go through and taste them all now. Hopefully, you'll get yours soon!

I didn't even send a letter! I thought about it too late.

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Yay!!! I'm really happy you got the package! Please let me know your opinion about the cookies, and if you don't like them, I want to know too! =oP

Oh! And don't forget to put the chocolate and dulce de leche alfajor in the fridge for a while. Did everything get in good shape or is it all crushed?

Now I'm kind of embarrassed I wrote a letter when nobody else did! Lol! Well, at least you know what you're eating and a bit of Argentina's cookie habits, haha =o) .

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Yay!!! I'm really happy you got the package! Please let me know your opinion about the cookies, and if you don't like them, I want to know too! =oP

Oh! And don't forget to put the chocolate and dulce de leche alfajor in the fridge for a while. Did everything get in good shape or is it all crushed?

Now I'm kind of embarrassed I wrote a letter when nobody else did! Lol! Well, at least you know what you're eating and a bit of Argentina's cookie habits, haha =o) .

Aww...don't be embarrassed! I thought it was really sweet! Nope, nothing was crushed. It was about 95 degrees out today, so the Alfajores were a bit soft--not completely melted. But, I've got them in the fridge and I can't wait to try them--especially the one with Dulce de Leche!
So far, I've tried the bizcochitos...salty & sweet, and I love them both!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
Okay...the wafer biscuits are sooo good, and they remind me of my childhood. I don't know if it's the taste or smell, but it immediately took me back...ah, so good!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
Hahaha, I love your updates! This is so much fun!

I wanted to ask you, do you have any of those kinds of cookies in the US? (I'm guessing you do have your own chocolate flavoured cookies, though).

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 3:29 AM Quote
I sent a letter too, but we're sisters so it doesn't really count :oP

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 4:07 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
Now I'm kind of embarrassed I wrote a letter when nobody else did!

I think it's sweet. Wish I had done it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Im very excited to say that I got my cookies from Bogusblue/Alma today! YAY!
So excited, in fact, that i sampled them all the second I got home from work, before dinner! Yum!
My favourite are these really delicious sandwiches called Hojaldradas with "cajeta" in them (i think similar to dolche de leche maybe?) covered in chocolate sauce! mmm
And also Cuetara Mexicanas, which are a plain cookie similiar to a digestive, which are great! and would be yummy dipped in tea or coffee or with some peanut butter on them. And lastly an Alegria made with amaranth (a little round grain) and chocolate! yummy!

thanks so much and i hope you get your package soon! I cant wait to enjoy all of these treats!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
Alegrías bring you alegría (joy) haha! Alma sent me one for my birthday and it rocked.

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:51 AM