Travis

Long Way Down being less cohesive than THAT Oasis song
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 11:31 AM Quote
Ok ok, my father once told me (either that or heard it in a film...) that the sign of a man is knowing when hes down.

Following retrospective perusing i will admit i was severley bereft of technical musical knowledge, this was pointed out rather plainly by Fran to myself.

Id like to apologise not only to Fran, but the board as a whole on this matter, and hope im not hated....

Yours Sincerely
Craig Shearer Esq

Re: Long Way Down being less cohesive than THAT Oasis song
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
Well personally I would change the title and just put up 'Apology' as the title in this thread would rankle me as that was the cause of the problem. In fact it does rankle me moreso.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
och come along guys ! stop taking this too far ! I don't even see the need for Craig to apologise. You voiced an opinion, Fran did not like it and said so.... fine ! Ok if you feel you were wrong, you apologised to Fran... fine again. You certainly don't have to apologise to the board.. what for ?

Anyways your not hated by me :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
nobody should ever apologise for their opinion.That's my thinking anyway.

It's a discussion forum. Not everybody's going to be relentlessly positive about the music. I'd be quite surprised if Fran lost any sleep over it, goes with the territory surely.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:59 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Well personally I would change the title and just put up 'Apology' as the title in this thread would rankle me as that was the cause of the problem. In fact it does rankle me moreso.

Didnt think folk would be so involved as to get "rankled" by a rather minor opinion. So I wont be changing the title, as I feel what I have already said is sufficient.

Also it was meant to be slightly tongue in cheek (apologising to the board not fran)so any outcome board wise, to me, is conjecture. So, sorry.

On another note, cheers for the support to those who offered it.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:24 PM Quote
If you look through your first thread , I think you will find I haven't made a comment on it or your need to apologise . As you do feel the need, then I dont think putting the words up on a title thread is an apology . It rankles and at the very least , draws attention to it!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
If you look through your first thread , I think you will find I haven't made a comment on it or your need to apologise . As you do feel the need, then I dont think putting the words up on a title thread is an apology . It rankles and at the very least , draws attention to it!

You mean it "rankles" you?

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Plus, id also like to say that it was only really relevant to the people involved in the prior discussion.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
I agree with Ursina and Mikko, even when I can't say if I agree with you or not because I haven't heard the song.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I agree with Ursina and Mikko, even when I can't say if I agree with you or not because I haven't heard the song.

Again, cheers.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
I think as fans, we can be honest about songs. I dislike Out In Space. I appreciate the band put a lot of effort into the song but I just don't like it. I'm being honest. I'm also being honest when I say that Travis are my favourite band because of... Writing To Reach You, Sing, Closer, Happy, Battleships, Side, Coming Around... the list just goes on and on and on... :)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
I actually like the song, just thought it would have been better, wish i had kept my opinion to myself now and not caused so much of a to do. Ah well though, lifes too short...

:-)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

You mean it "rankles" you?

No I would have thought Fran , but thats just a guess , one I thought you might have thought of.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
What are you folks talking about, and what can possibly be so terrible that it requires an entire apology thread? Or, alternatively, the continuation of an old debate?

If it's in the public domain, as this thread is, please can you explain it to the public?

Thank you :)

Edit: ps. I'd be happy to arbitrate, if you like!!! :)

akanksha
akanksha Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
och come along guys ! stop taking this too far ! I don't even see the need for Craig to apologise. You voiced an opinion, Fran did not like it and said so.... fine ! Ok if you feel you were wrong, you apologised to Fran... fine again. You certainly don't have to apologise to the board.. what for ?

Anyways your not hated by me :)

That's true. After all "there is no wrong, there is no right, the circle only has one siddde." Haha.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:47 PM