Travis

where is everyone?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
This place has been dead lately....where have you all gone? Was I not invited? lmao

Re: where is everyone?
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:33 PM Quote
Hello there !

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
Well, it's a holiday for the US, most of them are probably out enjoying the unofficial last day of summer. Which I will be doing momentarily.

I don't know where everyone else is, though.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well, it's a holiday for the US, most of them are probably out enjoying the unofficial last day of summer. Which I will be doing momentarily.

I don't know where everyone else is, though.

Is it Labor day today ?

I had many very annoying phone calls/emails today - it seems that lots of people were angry for some reason.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Yes, it's Labor Day. I like Labor Day because you are not obligated to get together with realtives, buy presents, or go to church. It's a freebie with no guilt. But I am sad summer is ending.

My kids go back to school on Wednesday. I am scrambling to assemble wardrobe. Yes, I know I had all summer to do this. I did catch some good sales on Saturday. Nothing for myself, of course!

I hope your customers cheer up tomorrow. It's a drag to deal with angry people.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Yes, it's Labor Day. I like Labor Day because you are not obligated to get together with realtives, buy presents, or go to church. It's a freebie with no guilt. But I am sad summer is ending.

My kids go back to school on Wednesday. I am scrambling to assemble wardrobe. Yes, I know I had all summer to do this. I did catch some good sales on Saturday. Nothing for myself, of course!

Did you not cook a turkey today ?
LOL

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I don't know why but so many of them were difficult to handle.
One guy shouted at me !

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
No turkey today. Ham sandwiches were the specialty this afternoon. I have a pot roast to make for tomorrow's dinner. That'll be nice. With a side of corn and some herb roasted potatoes. How's that? What time shall I expect you?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

One guy shouted at me !

That's completely unnecessary. What was his problem?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
No turkey today. Ham sandwiches were the specialty this afternoon. I have a pot roast to make for tomorrow's dinner. That'll be nice. With a side of corn and some herb roasted potatoes. How's that? What time shall I expect you?

OMG ! I've never had corn.
What herbs are you talking about ? Mary Jane ?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

One guy shouted at me !

That's completely unnecessary. What was his problem?

I doubt his problem had anything to do with me to be honest. The wanker just wanted to have a go at someone and it happened to be me !

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
now where's Peewee ?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
I'm enjoying my Labor Day! Went for a walk with my mom this morning, came home and had lunch and now I'm vegging and trying to think of a column topic....again. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

OMG ! I've never had corn.
What herbs are you talking about ? Mary Jane ?

Are you joking, or have you really never had corn? I looooove corn on the cob. YUM. I had some yesterday at my grandmas.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm enjoying my Labor Day! Went for a walk with my mom this morning, came home and had lunch and now I'm vegging and trying to think of a column topic....again. :)

What pressure. What happens when you run out of interesting things to write about? Move to the sports column?

We're getting ready to go swimming. This little pool has been the greatest.

Fred--you've never eaten corn? I can't even imagine! Then you must wait until you can have fresh corn on the cob, someday somewhere. Canned stuff is terrible. My grandparents used to raise corn in their big garden in Kentucky. It was soooo sweet and yummy! Freshness is key with corn, otherwise it gets waxy and tasteless and might as well be fed to animals.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:58 AM