Travis

Travis and driving competition...
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 9:05 AM Quote
THANKYOU TRAVIS!

Lol this is quite an odd and very long story but stay with me...

I take part in off-road driving competitions (trials) with my Dad (both as a passenger and as a driver) and have done since the age of 13 (the driving bit- for some strange reason you can't passenger until the age of 14). The "biggest" competition of the year for my type of trial is the annual August Bank Holiday Tyro (Tyro stands for Try Your [Land] Rover Out and anyone from the age of 13 can drive in them). I won this Tyro for the first time in 2006, and have won a rather nice shield for the highest placed unlicensed driver twice (once in 2005 and again in 2006). I was determined to win it again this year after I missed out in 2007 due to some rule bending on the part of the guy who set the trial out.

So this year, I drove my Dad's blue Range Rover (biggest car there) and got into a ritual of listening to The Man Who as I drove. The day went on and I still listened to Travis, the best moment when 'Turn' started playing on a particularly twisty section ;-D

Now, we all know that Travis has different effects on different people and for me, it would seem that the music makes me drive better! I drove the whole day with no penalty points and managed to win the trial!

Sorry for the lengthy story but I had to share it!

Thankyou Travis- I now know what to listen to when I need to have serious focus :-D

I will post pictures of the shield I won, perhaps I should have it engraved 'Maria Gallagher and Travis' lol.

XXX

Re: Travis and driving competition...
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 9:12 AM Quote
What would we do without Travis, eh? :) Anyway, really well done because you've proven that you're a great driver! Ever thought of Formula One? ;)

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:27 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
What would we do without Travis, eh? :) Anyway, really well done because you've proven that you're a great driver! Ever thought of Formula One? ;)

A world without Travis is not somewhere I would wish to live...

Lol Thanks, I haven't though about F1 but I was told that I could have a very successful Rally career. Just two minor snags... The academy is 200 miles from where I live and it's WAYYYY too expensive. I'm quite happy with my Land Rovers though ;-P

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
First of all I want to say... It's so cool! I mean, congratulations!!!!!!!
And second... Yeah, I drive better too when I listen to Travis.
I've spent all the travel from Milan to Rome, while I was driving at night (almost six hours) listening to them. And they kept me safe and awake. :P

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 1:08 PM Quote
Congratulations!!! I'm impressed! Really! My 17 year old daughter owns her driver licence for a few weeks now, and she has a lot of trouble with her little Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa - and you are younger and you win competitions with Range Rovers!!! Chapeau!!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:19 PM Quote
Thanks guys :-D

I'm now declaring Travis the best driving music lol

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 28 Aug, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Thanks guys :-D

I'm now declaring Travis the best driving music lol

Oh yes. Always.
They should play Travis at the driving lessons.
XD

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:00 PM